Pathum Thani Immigration overwhelmed as never before

fvw53

I am doing my Non Imm O extension since 10 years always during the first 10 days of April

This went always smoothly

However when I went this afternoon at 2 p.m. I was surprised to have to join a crowd of a least 50 to 60 people waiting outside - no social distancing -  and left inside by an officer with no more than 3 or 4 people at the same time. When my Thai wife asked him what happened he said it was due to the holiday (Monday) and he told also that for our "house registration" we were in a line - waiting outside - of at least 2 hours...

The heat was unbearable for me (I am 78) and so I had to give up and go back to the car for cooling off with AC and then drive home.

My question : is this also due to the "visa renewal" problem for foreigners stuck here ….Pathum Thani is not really a great tourist destination.

I still have time to make application until 21 April : can somebody predict if the situation should be more relaxed then?

18 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

Pay an agent to do retirment visa if you can...life is too short to be dealing what this madness.

Unfortunately, i have to go to pattaya IO next week but no 'fast track' options for marriage visa..

I don't think there are any agents working with  Pathum Thani Immigration.