People still violating curfew orders

webfact

People still violating curfew orders

By The Nation

800_16dc1795e435b26.png?v=1586249469

Despite the invocation of the Emergency Decree and night-time curfew from April 3, people are still found to be violating the orders by going outside their homes, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Tuesday (April 7).

So far, 1,293 people have been found to have violated the curfew, a number that is continually rising. Officials have issued a warning to 246 people and have prosecuted 1,047 others. Most of the people in these cases were part of gatherings.

Dr Taweesin is urging people to stay indoors if it is not necessary for them to go outside in order to cut down on the spread of Covid-19. Though the number of new infections has dropped dramatically from hundreds to 38, he said it is not time for people to let their guards down, otherwise the numbers may rise again.

200407-01.JPG

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385549

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-07

In other news, scientists have found that a certain percentage of people are perpetual jackasses.

They are the ones that need to be contained. Only social shaming will work in large scale, but hey, maibpenrai, loving that cultural flaw already?

• Haha 1

I can understand the urge of leaving, if only for a bit. Something came up last night making me forget to run an errand before 10. When I remembered it was 10:05 and I thought well I could just perhaps go over to a friend quickly. He might still have a drink or two and some snacks to spare. I was pretty annoyed that I overlooked the passing of time and actually almost went, especially since I wouldn't have been the only one on the road since quite a few others happen to be a little late. But I just cursed a bit instead and ended up not going. However I can certainly foresee that as time passes more and more people will attempt to break the rules of curfew. The first night was quite tense. Shops were super busy here after 9. Now people already seem more relaxed about it and it already starts to feel less restrictive and it doesn't seem to be heavily enforced when you're not in the city. The curfew exists to prevent parties and gatherings at night of mostly drunk people. With that in mind there'll come a day when the curfew period lasts long enough that we all reach a moment where we think "f it, I'm going". We humans simply have lots of inventive ways to think we are an exception and that a certain set of rules doesn't apply to us. That's simple psychology really. And when fines aren't impressive (speeding tickets of 500 baht I mean really?!) people simply don't adjust their behavior. I will still do my best to make sure I have everything I need before 10 but I also tend to forget things and it's hard to change a habit (of shopping late) so given enough time I will surely end up in the same situation again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I just saw on the "Nation" news channel, the daughter of the headman in Phitsanoluk got sentenced to 6 months in jail.. not sure about the fine?

But does send out a strong message, her Dad didn't get to save the day as she'd hoped!.

Could it be because nobody knew who she was?

'nuf sed.

1 hour ago, yourauntbob said:

I cant believe everyone is just falling in line.  Even if you believe the official narrative (and i dont), how is staying in doors from 10pm - 4am help?

More and more kids are growing up not to question anything that comes out of the corporate media or government.   Orwell was a bit early using "1984" but im afraid he wasnt wrong.

What exactly don't you believe?

Damn it.  Damn it!!!!

I just caught COVID-19 from that guy on the motorcycle. Now my life is over.

P.S. Maybe that motorcycle guy is a highly paid doctor (or nurse) that is helping to fight the outbreak. Maybe he's merely a mortician.

Edited by Gumballl

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

In other news, scientists have found that a certain percentage of people are perpetual jackasses.

They are the ones that need to be contained

They  have they  call them governments

• Like 2

We are prisoners of our own mind if we allow others to build bars around us.  That's the problem in my own country.  To many of people think the government is working for the people.  And I don't have the money to give patriots like me the tools to make a drastic change. ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, plachon said:

"More and more kids are growing up not to question anything that comes out of the corporate media or government."

Not in the UK and Europe - more and more "kids" (i.e. teenagers & young adults) are learning to question almost everything that comes out of the corporate media and the state, as evidenced by the large numbers joining Greta Thunberg's Friday School Strikes and Extinction Rebellion groups. They are seeing the neo-liberal corporatocracies for what they are, destroying the planet, fueling bigger gaps between the 1 % and the rest and ruining their future prospects, so turning against them in growing numbers.  Many have also read 1984 as required reading at school and understand the dystopian future around the corner, if they sit around and let the populist dictators like Trump and corporate oligarchs rule their lives.  

:cheesy: Greta Thunberg is a puppet of the neo-liberals and corporatists :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What exactly don't you believe?

That free people should make their own decisions.  My rights do not end where your fear starts.

If you want to talk about health and safety keep in mind, for every 1% increase in unemployment there are about 40,000 deaths (in the USA).  

I dont pretend to know what is best for you so please dont pretend to believe what is best for me.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, yourauntbob said:

:cheesy: Greta Thunberg is a puppet of the neo-liberals and corporatists :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

What?!!? Perhaps you'd like to explain that one, preferably with some evidence, as you've entirely lost me there. Are you on a psycho-active substance or perhaps just come off your medication? I am truly perplexed....???? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, plachon said:

What?!!? Perhaps you'd like to explain that one, preferably with some evidence, as you've entirely lost me there. Are you on a psycho-active substance or perhaps just come off your medication? I am truly perplexed....???? 

I know exactly what he means and I'm neither on medication or illegal substances. She's a puppet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/8/2020 at 10:46 AM, outsider said:

It didn't say 'foreigners' or 'farang' in the news article. Must be locals flouting the stay-home order then. No wonder the scums from Spotlight Thailand didn't get their panties all twisted up.

Snide remarks, and people who are actually infected aside, people who defy the stay-home order are just making the situation worse. They will force the authorities to enact even stricter measures to ensure compliance. This has already happened in Malaysia and it will not be surprising if Thailand did the same. And that makes things more difficult for the rest who are trying to follow, comply and cooperate. To say nothing of the unnecessary load and burden they place on frontliners especially medical personnel if they do in fact get infected and/or pass on the infection to others around them. Bloody selfish pond-scums, these.

I don't think a few people going outside during curfew will have an effect on virus spread, but it would send the wrong message to the rest who stay at home, and before long everyone will follow.

On a funny note, these 2 reports today:

1. Australia: 2 off duty cops were fined $1000 each in Sydney for partying at a hotel.

2. New Zealand: The health minister (no kidding) drove his family 20km to a beach on the first weekend of level-4 lockdown. He tendered his resignation but was demoted instead.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I know exactly what he means and I'm neither on medication or illegal substances. She's a puppet.

Seconded! how anyone can be so gullible as to believe in her is beyond me! Desperation maybe? - even then ????

20 hours ago, yourauntbob said:

More and more kids are growing up not to question anything that comes out of the corporate media or government. 

There are plenty of folks on here that have no use for their brains also, sure there will be someone who puts a "sad" at any post that doesn't follow their brain dead POV!

When did we start trusting "Government"? 

There is a bigger story behind this nonsense that the corrupted media is being told to drive, to what ends?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Damn it.  Damn it!!!!

I just caught COVID-19 from that guy on the motorcycle. Now my life is over.

P.S. Maybe that motorcycle guy is a highly paid doctor (or nurse) that is helping to fight the outbreak. Maybe he's merely a mortician.

.... who are amongst the people who are allowed to travel under the curfew rules if you actually bothered to acquaint yourself with them. Essential journeys are allowed.

16 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

The Governor of Phuket ain't $crewin around anymore. $hit just got real down there. 24-HOUR LOCKDOWN.  Hoping it doesn't domino effect up to here with all these curfew violations happening. ????

Is it not the same as Pattaya, also locked down 24/7? A curfew and a lockdown are not the same. People still need to go out to do grocery shopping.

Edited by tropo