Is This Facebook Page Advocating Use Violence Against Foreigners In Phuket?

monkfish

Must have people set up a group to chase foreigners riding motorcycles Do you drive and play in Phuket? The commander of the Phuket Province, you are not going to do anything. Today, I will do it myself. This is an order from the people. # Equipment with a mm mm mm mm # Is it worth it with 1 foreigner riding a motorcycle in exchange for 112 Phuket medical personnel? Is it worth it? Old people Difficult to finish But who are these foreigners?

• Like 1

It seems to be a reaction against tourists riding around on motorcycles. It seems to be their impression that locals have to stick rigidly to the curfew even if it causes hardship. However there are tourists riding around seemingly still on holiday.

It doesn't exactly advocate violence in that it says if the authorities can't control it, then the locals will. So skirting along the verge of instigating violence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

Report the page for advocating violence ????

Yes I already did if you have a Facebook account click on the 3 dots below the cover page photo and at the bottom click Find support or Report a page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, monkfish said:

I think they've stepped over the line if some is attacked they will be to blame.
I don't live in Phuket but where I am there's plenty of Thai's driving around on bikes.
They have also got 597,009 followers.
If you live in Phuket take care.

I think you are right and they were quite careful in their use of language. Not outright instigation of violence but implied.

I must admit I thought the picture was a catapult and meatballs!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tifino said:

If there were a Poll... it'd be a Yes from me!

meanwhile back at the ranch; 

- Willy Wonka in the photo needs to whack himself... 

-  he hasn't got a mask on...

He's got a headband, presumably to keep his brains from overflowing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its because they are sticking to the curfew, but foreigners dont seem to be doing it.

So they are saying if the authorities wont take care of it , they will. 

Which is right, the rules have been put there for a reason.

I can understand why they are a little <deleted> off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Its because they are sticking to the curfew, but foreigners dont seem to be doing it.

and how will they carry out these threats to Farangs, unless they are out breaking the curfew too. But i:m sure they will apply this rigorously to Thais on bikes too - wont they ?

10 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

I don't recall is there a 24 hour curfew in Phuket?
Most of the pictures show foreigners out and about in the day time.
And I'm pretty sure there are as many Thai as Tourists breaking the rules.

Edited by monkfish

OMG OMG and Wow... just wow.... it's awful. 

So many sensitive posters here who run away from the nanny state just because a FB joke. REPORT REPORT REPORT!!!!!

Don't chavs in UK beat up Chinese for wearing a face mask?

Look in the mirror perhaps?

• Like 1

You are, after all, at the mercy of your host...Thai people.  Let's hope this move toward physical attacks does not become a national disgrace...

Ex-pats follow the curfew rules...even this may not keep you safe.  Amazing Thailand!

44 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

certainly looking more and more like that movie No Escape (2015) as mentioned by others

my partner just says it's thai comedy and not to be taken seriously, i've told her she's lying again

I don't think it's comedy they make several Posts to the same subject with very derogatory language so I don't think they are joking.

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Ex-pats follow the curfew rules...even this may not keep you safe.

I'd rather not leave that up to fate.

Any chance we could all make a concerted effort to not only report this page to FB for hate speech, but also to foreign media outlets? Looking through the hundreds of comments there's a staggering amount of them that are vile and supportive of violence. This has a very real potential of spreading to other provinces and stoking nationwide anti foreigner sentiments at a critical time. Perhaps we could preemptively use some awareness and public shaming before things start getting ugly for us...

• Like 2