Covid-19 Emergency Visa Extension

So I was under the impression that the extension with letter from Embassy etc would be an emergency 30 days extension to a Tourist Visa???

I went today but only got a 15 day extension!!! It seems unbelievable to give such a short period under the current circumstances! ????

Did anyone get the 30 days as advertised?

15 minutes ago, davis121 said:

I went today but only got a 15 day extension!!! It seems unbelievable to give such a short period under the current circumstances! ????

If you look closely at the stamp is states your application is under consideration and the date on is is when you go back to get the remainder of the 30 days after your application is approved.

4 minutes ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

Yeah I was there today and got from today (april 7th) and have to come back in May 5th.  So basically a month.

Was that your 2nd 30 day extension you have gotten. If the first that is why you got 30 days.

It also said under consideration on mine, but even before I got my passport back I asked the immigration lady who was processing it, she said come back May 5th.  Then lo and behold the stamp says under consideration, come back May 5th.

But here's the question, why are there variances in the date you have to come back to immigration?

I have been in thailand two months.  Flew in from indonesia, extended once back in early march.  So this is technically my second extension, but my first "covid" extension if you will, otherwise I would have had to do a border run (during normal times of course.)

I wonder if nationality has anything to do with it.  Perhaps not.

1 minute ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

But here's the question, why are there variances in the date you have to come back to immigration?

Different immigration divisions that the you applied at is under. Some take longer to do the approval.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you look closely at the stamp is states your application is under consideration and the date on is is when you go back to get the remainder of the 30 days after your application is approved.

Sure yes but that still means I have to go back down there in person in 15 days time - so effectively it may as well be a 15 day visa, but just with a bit less paperwork next time.

The only potential upside is that with all the various towns in Phuket being locked down now, it might be less congested there in 15 days time! today was a nightmare!

4 minutes ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

My stamp says sub-div.2 imm.div.1

Application of stay is under consideration.  Applicant must contact again in person on 05 May 2020.  Immigration officer 07 apr 2020.

Yes so that makes sense - you got 30 days with 'under consideration' - thats what I was expecting!

Did anyone else get only 15 days?!?!?!

An amended sugar coated version.

So in fact possibly two visits in two weeks required to an immigration office for an emergency 30 day extension due to covid 19 extreme circumstance.

Difficult to understand this policy in current times of mandatory social distancing. 

its a worldwide crisis when peoples fears need to be allayed and be treated with compassion, understanding and dignity.............so of course Team Thailand will continue to excel themselves!