Who has the UK nuclear button while Johnson is ill? No comment

snoop1130

As far as I know, each UK Prime Minister writes an sealed and signed letter to each of the UK's nuclear tipped submarines (4 I guess). This letter can not be opened, unless there has been an worldwide disturbance and the motherland can not be contacted anymore. 

These letters give the final instructions from the UK government, headed by the PM, what to do as last action measurement. 

PM Johnson has send his letters to all of the nuclear tipped submarines earlier. His final orders are to be obeyed.

Now the question is, what really happens, if PM Johnson's heath deteriorates again and he can no longer consired to be in charge. 

Who is the next person to define, whether we have a global nuclear war or not?

Once one country releases hers nuclear weapons, others will retaliate. There is no going back anymore.

So who owns UK's nuclear button, is a really valid question, which every country should think about. 

This is also, how stupidly fragile our life on this planet really is. It's up to few heads of governments, whether our existence from this world is going to be wiped out or not. I presume it will happen.

Edited by TheDark

On 4/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, rhyddid said:

It was forgotten with EU when BJ made no deal, no button.

One reason the EU were told to sling their hook was their attempt to grab our forces including our Nuclear capability.

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

One reason the EU were told to sling their hook was their attempt to grab our forces including our Nuclear capability.

Why don't we let this evadgib notion to live forever.

This is the purest form of XXXXXX propaganda, there is. Let's not let this one slide.