Has anyone received a second Covid extension?

First post here, but I've been reading the forum for several years now.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully received a second Covid-extension on a Tourist Visa (and if it required any additional forms). Like most people I got an under consideration stamp in my passport from KK immigration (to return April 13) so I assume I'm good til around the end of the month. However, I'm from the US and I really don't want to go back then, plus there are very few if any flights. I heard that some proposal is being floated around the cabinet regarding automatic extensions, but I don't particularly have high hopes for that since it's been several weeks already.

Edited by Benitostacos

You and I have similar timings and we are one of the first ones in this group (according to what I have been reading) that would need to face a 2nd covid extension if necessary. My extension on my tourist visa expired on March 26. And i went to Imm on March 17 for my 1st covid extension. This extension will expire on April 25.

Im trying to get a new embassy letter. Im not sure we will be granted with another covid extension.

And we might not be able to get automatic extensions. At least myself. I came into Thailand on December 27 with the Tourist Visa.

I recommend you to contact your embassy again

2 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

I got the consideration stamp for the Covid extension on March 27th, and my visa was set to expire on March 29th (first 30 day regular extension on a 60 day tourist visa).

Ok so you got the same as me - effectively 15 days before you have to go back to immigration....what a joke!

Cant help you on the second extension I'm afraid - just did my first one today!

4 minutes ago, davis121 said:

Ok so you got the same as me - effectively 15 days before you have to go back to immigration....what a joke!

Cant help you on the second extension I'm afraid - just did my first one today!

When did you enter Thailand with the TR? I think I misunderstood you, not similar timings.

By the way, during my under consideration stamp, they gave me 7 days extra, not 15. But 7, 15, it's the same. They will give you the rest of the days to 30 when you come back to the imm office.

What happens after is what people is yet not asking to themselves. Im already wondering about that, as I dont have an under consideration stamp anymore...

Edited by ANDREW999

5 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

You and I have similar timings and we are one of the first ones in this group (according to what I have been reading) that would need to face a 2nd covid extension if necessary. My extension on my tourist visa expired on March 26. And i went to Imm on March 17 for my 1st covid extension. This extension will expire on April 25.

Im trying to get a new embassy letter. Im not sure we will be granted with another covid extension.

And we might not be able to get automatic extensions. At least myself. I came into Thailand on December 27 with the Tourist Visa.

I guess I can try talking to the IOs at the KK office and see what my options are when I go for my consideration follow-up. I'll contact my embassy as well for another letter. Jeez, what a hassle. 

5 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

When did you enter Thailand with the TR? I think I misunderstood you, not similar timings.

By the way, during my under consideration stamp, they gave me 7 days extra, not 15. But 7, 15, it's the same. They will give you the rest of the days to 30 when you come back to the imm office.

What happens after is what people is yet not asking to themselves. Im already wondering about that, as I dont have an under consideration stamp anymore...

Initially on METV....

Arrived October for 2 months --> Extended 1 month December --> Extended for 2 months in January ---> Extended 1 month in March ---> Covid Extension today for 15 days!

14 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

I can't imagine that you will not be issued 2nd embassy letter. 

Apart from that there is NO Automatic extensions. It's a vague news report. With zero fact. What does automatic mean. Please not quote English meaning. 

It was a news headline grabber. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I can't imagine that you will not be issued 2nd embassy letter. 

Apart from that there is NO Automatic extensions. It's a vague news report. With zero fact. What does automatic mean. Please not quote English meaning. 

It was a news headline grabber. 

I wasnt talking about problems getting a new embassy letter, but a new extension with a this new letter. The italian embassy has been very helpful so far. 

And I did not say it's happening the automatic extensions. I said i wouldnt be eligible if it comes, and in the way it has been floating here. 

• 3 weeks later...