No Country for Old Men

DogNo1

2 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Visa agent absolutely recommended in current circumstances.

What cost? What cost your health? How much are you prepared to pay for peace of mind?

If you are in Chiang Mai you can use Colonel visa agent (for example) directly opposite Immigration. Fee is 7,300 baht for a one year retirement extension and including four 90 day reports. That includes the Immigration fees.

sounds very cheap---but im not in that area-and dont need to think about new visa until late november

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Naaaa.. not a good movie ... Excellent movie  ???? ....

'Call it ... just call it ... heads or tail ....'

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=no+country+for+old+men+star+heads+or+tails&&view=detail&mid=75588CF40D08956E2D5E75588CF40D08956E2D5E&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dno%2Bcountry%2Bfor%2Bold%2Bmen%2Bstar%2Bheads%2Bor%2Btails%26%26FORM%3DVDVVXX

I had to look it up, couldn't remember it.

2 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Visa agent absolutely recommended in current circumstances.

What cost? What cost your health? How much are you prepared to pay for peace of mind?

If you are in Chiang Mai you can use Colonel visa agent (for example) directly opposite Immigration. Fee is 7,300 baht for a one year retirement extension and including four 90 day reports. That includes the Immigration fees.

But you still need 800.000Bt in the bank, right?

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

I am happy that I am here & not in the UK, Spain, Italy, Oz or the US where I could not afford to have a friendly maid at my beck & call doing all my running around for me

Pay an agent once a year for extension (in & out in 10 minutes.)

My quality of life is still a lot better than I could afford at home where I would be in a 

very small flat on my own & alone, cold for 7 months of the year, possibly not even being able to afford the outrageous prices for internet TV (as they charge by the usage)

and the outragious charges for heating, and don't forget council tax and TV licence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

As I have the necessary financial requirements for an extension of stay based on retirement I fork out 8,500 baht for a trouble-free process. All I have to produce to the agent are my required documents, bank statements etc. and meet up at the IMM office at an agreed time. It takes 5 minutes to photo me, and that's it. My passport is returned, updated. No queues, no hold ups. For 90 days it's 1,500 baht (4 times) for one year. 

You have not mentioned the 800.000Bt in the bank.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

As I have the necessary financial requirements for an extension of stay based on retirement I fork out 8,500 baht for a trouble-free process. All I have to produce to the agent are my required documents, bank statements etc. and meet up at the IMM office at an agreed time. It takes 5 minutes to photo me, and that's it. My passport is returned, updated. No queues, no hold ups. For 90 days it's 1,500 baht (4 times) for one year. 

Me too. And I'm very pleased with the services, not least because the agents know exactly what documents are required apart from the saving in time waiting in a line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I think that is why the virus is with us.  Far too many pensioners on the planet , wipe us out and more room for the younger ones.....that is 'till they reach culling age.

Oh yeah, that was on Star Trek TNG, Ha!

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

No country that I know of is good for old men.  Get past 60 and nobody in authority gives a toss if you live or die.   

I wonder why I never see old women on Pattaya soi 6.

7 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I don't think so. The main EU countries are caring a lot and protect you. 

Provided you pay taxes there, which can be a lot. One of the reasons Thailand doesn't care might be coz we don't pay taxes here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

But you still need 800.000Bt in the bank, right?

Yes of course, or show 65,000 baht a month income, or a combination. These are the financial requirements required by Immigration to get an extension of stay based on retirement. An agent can't change those requirements.

When you use an agent you still need to bring all the documents with you that you would have taken to the IMO. They will check that all is in order. They will present the docs and application for you. You are only required to go and pick up your stamped passport and have your photo taken at the IMO and usually the agent will take you to do that at an appointed time. No queue. No anxiety.

23 hours ago, Pilotman said:

No country that I know of is good for old men.  Get past 60 and nobody in authority gives a toss if you live or die.   

Too True, but at this stage o' the game we da*N sure oughta' be better at surviving than they give us credit for, eh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dap said:

Too True, but at this stage o' the game we da*N sure oughta' be better at surviving than they give us credit for, eh?

indeed so, xxxx them all, we will live forever.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justin case said:

I have ex-wife problems since before the divorce.. I also paid for this house, agreed in court divorce agreement I could live here to raise our child till 20... ex-signed she would provide needed papers for my visa....does not... police not interested, immigration not interested, even I showed them the court divorce agreement, they want a new paper from ex to sign...which she will never...ex does not even pickup phone for own child anymore... ex breaks the law / court agreement and the one with the kaka is me...  

now you could say: go back to court... great...my current lawyer wants another 100.000 baht for just petition the court , to remind my ex to follow the agreement...

what I got as info from other lawyer, is that, even I go back to court, it does not mean my ex can be forced to sign the paper I need, crazy ?   welcome to Thailand

off course, there is no penalty for here, she cannot be made to pay court fees/my lawyer fees /  she stole just before leaving and starting divorce a big sum of money of mine, so her lawyer is on my expense...  and thai court does not punish theft under married people and at court, my ex and her lawyer smiled and said: I gave her to money and it's done & gone... which I did not...  could try to fight another court over this, with lawyer, at a ... 100.000 baht cost of lawyer to try to get back the money she stole ....   immigration wants the paper, they don't care, my ex does not care, nobody gives a  ... 

my ex knew cunning biatch in advance, that she could promise to do x,y,z to get the house (I did not claim 5O percent on the false promise I could stay there to live and raise our child)

even I turn 50 "soon".. same problem... cannot stay in the house, or I have to go rent a new place and the only thing beside custody of my child, was a place to live...

You are aware you can get an O visa based on the support of your child no?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

And I have hardly seen the star (The big killing guy) in any other movies that I can think of......

"The Counselor" (2013 film) Cameron Diaz, Penélope Cruz, Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Rosie Perez, Dean Norris, Rubén Blades, 

and Javier Bardem (the big bad guy from No Country for Old Men)

Javier-Bardem-The-Counselor.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

You are aware you can get an O visa based on the support of your child no?

I tried that 2 weeks ago, a day before the soft lockdown

immigration officer said : EX need to sign this, I said, she will never, so did my child

no visa, byeeeeeeee

well, got 60 days to visit my child

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

sod that for a policy 

Roll on Logans Run. I read the book and the film isn't a patch on it. 

(The premise is that when you're born you are "printed" with a countdown timer, when it expires you go for euthanasia unless you become a runner: in that eventuality you are hunted down and killed)