Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Govt cuts bills for low-electricity households

Recommended Posts

Govt cuts bills for low-electricity households

By The Nation

 

power2-kD4D-621x414@LiveMint.jpg

 

The Cabinet on Tuesday (April 7) approved plans to extend the amount of free electricity for households that use a meter which does not exceed 5 amperes.

 

The 5-amp households will now be granted 90 units of free electricity per month, up from the previous 50 units.

 

The Cabinet also gave the green light to extending the payment period of electricity bills for April, May and June by to six months without penalty.

 

The government has budgeted Bt9.375 billion to pay for the electricity relief measures, which are aimed at helping alleviate hardship caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385558

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-07
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it includes the condominium as well. I would like to save some money too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The 5-amp households will now be granted 90 units of free electricity per month, up from the previous 50 units.

Isn't that a bit misleading?

It gives the impression that currently the first 50 units are free.

I may be wrong but I thought it is only free if you use less than 50 units.

Use 50.1 units and you pay for them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kevin612 said:

I hope it includes the condominium as well. I would like to save some money too.

Condos should have their own meter and bill from PEA so yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kotsak said:

5 amps.. :cheesy:

Damm I’m on 30 amps 🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, loong said:

Isn't that a bit misleading?

It gives the impression that currently the first 50 units are free.

I may be wrong but I thought it is only free if you use less than 50 units.

Use 50.1 units and you pay for them.

It has always been that if you use under the limit your power was free and if over you paid.

 

They could change the tariff to have a free amount but then there would be no real incentive for people to be economical.
 

It’s usually the ones who really need it that benefit with the current system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BS, I didn't notice any difference in my electric bill last month and im sure no difference this month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, time2093 said:

BS, I didn't notice any difference in my electric bill last month and im sure no difference this month.

What is BS. Either you don’t have a 5A meter or you use more than 50 kWh (now 90 kWh) or you haven’t gone 3 bills of under 50 kWh

 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, loong said:

Isn't that a bit misleading?

It gives the impression that currently the first 50 units are free.

I may be wrong but I thought it is only free if you use less than 50 units.

Use 50.1 units and you pay for them.

Quite correct, use less than 50 it's free, go over you pay for everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kotsak said:

5 amps.. :cheesy:

5 amp x 220 v = 1100 Watt ;

Many farms don't need more in Isaan .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, time2093 said:

BS, I didn't notice any difference in my electric bill last month and im sure no difference this month.

think before you write something stupid.
Look at your electricity meter;
does it lead to 5 amp or 15 amp?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, kotsak said:

5 amps.. :cheesy:

What is so funny for YOU.

Seems you haven't left your farang comfort zone often?

 

Many peasants have a fridge, primitive washing machine, TV set and a bunch of neon tubes. No shower heater, no AC, no pool pump :dry:.

And 5 A is the nominal value for accurate measurement. Up to 15 A peak possible.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It has always been that if you use under the limit your power was free and if over you paid.

 

They could change the tariff to have a free amount but then there would be no real incentive for people to be economical.
 

It’s usually the ones who really need it that benefit with the current system.

You missed my point.

Quote

The 5-amp households will now be granted 90 units of free electricity per month, up from the previous 50 units.

This suggests that the first 50 units are free at the moment, which is misleading.

That is not the case and it should read that electricity is free if you use less than 50 units per month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...