Good News?

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

So what does this mean for those longstay expat's who had a re-entry permit and are now stuck outside of Thailand until the doors open, and there extension runs out because of this issue...

No

It is for those that have permanent residency in Thailand.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

No

It is for those that have permanent residency in Thailand.

Thank you Ubonjoe, I was thinking outside of the box for those family guys stuck back in there own countries and have wives and kids here.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I will wait until it tof from a official source and preferably a written order issued by immigration and/or a announcement in the royal gazette about a ministerial order for it.

Yes, wait for official news.

For those foreigners who have stayed in Thailand for more than 90 days and are supposed to make their 90-day report, the Immigration Bureau will automatically extend the period of notification to [probably] 30th April. If the situation is not resolved, this will be extended again
  • Like 1

Actually reading the thread is even less uplifting -

poster believe extension will only be to April 30 (not 30 days) but if situation not resolved an additional 30 day extension made.

90 day reporting extended to probably 30 April.

More questions than answers at this time - but at least it seems to keep more people out of immigration offices during COVID-19 danger period than the previous version.

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So what does this mean for those longstay expat's who had a re-entry permit and are now stuck outside of Thailand until the doors open, and there extension runs out because of this issue...

Absolutely!! The airports are closed to new arrivals, unless you're a Thai citizen. It's pretty clear.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I will wait until it tof from a official source and preferably a written order issued by immigration and/or a announcement in the royal gazette about a ministerial order for it.

Ball park guess as to when this will be made official?

• Haha 1

Just now, bbi1 said:

The airports are closed to new arrivals, unless you're a Thai citizen.

They are not closed.

No flights are allowed into Thailand until the 18th. Domestic flights are still available.

"THAILAND - published 06.04.2020
Flights to Thailand are suspended from 3 April 2020 17:00 UTC until 18 April 2020 17:00 UTC.
- This does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical or relief flights, repatriation flights and cargo flights. Passengers will be subject to quarantine for a period of 14 days upon arrival."

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You will re apply for new non o or whatever after entering Thailand. What do you expect. I have multi to Vietnam. You think I expect refund. Useless now. Join the sad queue.

6 minutes ago, sapson said:

So for people on retirement or marriage visas, they can add 30 days to what ever permission to stay date they have now.

They also dont need to do 90 day reports if due in the next 30 days?

Looks like it. Id wait to see the official announcement first.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will re apply for new non o or whatever after entering Thailand. What do you expect. I have multi to Vietnam. You think I expect refund. Useless now. Join the sad queue.

It is not my concern directly, but a concern for those gentleman who will need to restart the process again.....

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

It is not my concern directly, but a concern for those gentleman who will need to restart the process again.....

Easy process. Their money in bank or whatever is in place. The process via visa exempt entry to convert to non o and then annual extension easy. Granted it's a inconvenience, nothing more.

14 minutes ago, sapson said:

So for people on retirement or marriage visas, they can add 30 days to what ever permission to stay date they have now.

They also dont need to do 90 day reports if due in the next 30 days?

Don't be foolish. The 90 day report has been directed to be done online or via mail. 

As for 12 month extension for retirement etc....attend immigration.

I don't want to kill the vibe, but somebody in the twitter comments posted a police memo, which is probably the basis for what Prayuth might sign:

visa.JPG.c007e8c3f4168fc47732539400c0bf46.JPG

Section 2.1 says that these extension will be granted in accordance with Thai immigration act section 35.

Besides some other things, Thai immigration act section 35 says:

Each time when applying for an extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom, the alien shall submit an application and pay the fees as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations. While waiting for directives the alien may be permitted to stay.

This means (at least, maybe there will be more requirements) visiting the Immigration office, completing an application form and paying 1900THB.

While being a bit better than the current situation with embassy letters, this has nothing to do with "automatic".

Let's hope this will not find its way in the final ministerial order, but i think it's probably included.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimmjam said:

30 days .????????????????

As usual the first post in knocks progress. I bet you are not even affected by this.

Ever think this could just be the first step? This is an opportunity that once the air has cleared could see the way to future improvements in the system;

Why should people get more than 30 days when airports are currently scheduled to be open (depending on location) by 30 April.

How long does it take to change or amend a law in your country of origin? 

Personally I welcome this, not mock it.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not closed.

No flights are allowed into Thailand until the 18th. Domestic flights are still available.

"THAILAND - published 06.04.2020
Flights to Thailand are suspended from 3 April 2020 17:00 UTC until 18 April 2020 17:00 UTC.
- This does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical or relief flights, repatriation flights and cargo flights. Passengers will be subject to quarantine for a period of 14 days upon arrival."

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

I think you will find Phuket airport is closed to all domestic passenger flights 10-30 April, as well as international notwithstanding the current closure. The island is in complete lockdown.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Easy process. Their money in bank or whatever is in place. The process via visa exempt entry to convert to non o and then annual extension easy. Granted it's a inconvenience, nothing more.

In very rare cases, this can be a genuine disaster. I am thinking of those who have been here continuously on retirement extensions for long enough to have the grandfathered requirements for extensions. If they lose the continuous, unbroken record of extensions, they may no longer be able to satisfy the conditions for a retirement extension.

• Like 2