Good News?

52 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You are not longer in overstay if a emergency decree is signed and exempting you since March 1st to date X. Neither would you have to extend yourself first then.
But guess it depends on the details and official release, sigh, as this is Thailand.?????

We have been trying to extend my wife's 30 day Bilateral Agreement entry for over a week (she is a Lao's citizen) been immigration 4 times,today we finally made it into the immigration office itself, her entry finished on the 6th April,holiday here so IO closed,so we went yesterday the place closed at 2pm as it was rammed with people.

We got there 5am this morning got a number 21 had all paperwork checked all fine 2 copys of everything,presented documents when called,after inspection she was told to go and clear 2 days overstay for the 7th and 8th April,after she paid the 1000baht return to Immigration  officer desk 6,she stamped all paper paid 1900baht got receipt and was told to come back tomorrow at 13-00 to collect passport,I queries the 1000 baht overstay as I thought it should only be 500 baht overstayed the 7th April,renewed 30 day on the 8th,but they just waved us away.

16 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

We have been trying to extend my wife's 30 day Bilateral Agreement entry for over a week (she is a Lao's citizen) been immigration 4 times,today we finally made it into the immigration office itself, her entry finished on the 6th April,holiday here so IO closed,so we went yesterday the place closed at 2pm as it was rammed with people.

We got there 5am this morning got a number 21 had all paperwork checked all fine 2 copys of everything,presented documents when called,after inspection she was told to go and clear 2 days overstay for the 7th and 8th April,after she paid the 1000baht return to Immigration  officer desk 6,she stamped all paper paid 1900baht got receipt and was told to come back tomorrow at 13-00 to collect passport,I queries the 1000 baht overstay as I thought it should only be 500 baht overstayed the 7th April,renewed 30 day on the 8th,but they just waved us away.

If she had been able to apply for the extension yesterday she would of not been fined for an overstay since that was first days she could of applied. Since was not able to do it until today is reason for 2 days of overstay. 

The rules are that if you do the extension application on the first day they are open there is no fine. After that day it is a fine for everyday.

KbJ9X_TO_bigger.jpg

Encouraging news from several Thai immigration offices today - less crowded, faster, more social distancing. And, thanks to the ever-prolific we hear they are finally working on automatic visa extensions.
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The order has been signed by Prayut and Anuphong (minister of interior).

Rough translation of the title.

""Announcement of the Ministry of Interior
Regarding special permission for some classes of aliens to stay in the Kingdom"

It does appear to be a ministerial order.

ThaiVisa has sent it out for translation. Maybe we will have something later today.

Any idea if it will apply to work/marriage/retirement extensions, or will we still have to go to Immigration?

4 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Hmm... So they have closed the school for the Thai students and now reopen it for the foreigners to gather in masses. Hmm...

Until the 'amnesty' is official they have to keep going as usual you see? don't read into this, but apprantly as of 15min it HAS actually been signed lets see who and what it includes exactly - 'all' or the lucky few ????

13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Any idea if it will apply to work/marriage/retirement extensions, or will we still have to go to Immigration?

I think those will still need to be done at a immigration office.

I think it is only for those that entered on a short stay visa.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think those will still need to be done at a immigration office.

I think it is only for those that entered on a short stay visa.

As I thought. I guess at least Immigration should be less crowded and social-distancing easier.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A post that contains info that is incomplete and unverified info in it and replies to it has been removed.

It was verified. Maybe T.V needs a quicker translater as it's allover other websites already.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

It was verified. Maybe T.V needs a quicker translater as it's allover other websites already.

But is it accurate. Not sure who would of verified it.

The big problem with it was that is was not complete.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So what does this mean for those longstay expat's who had a re-entry permit and are now stuck outside of Thailand until the doors open, and there extension runs out because of this issue...

Probably nothing

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Probably nothing

Yup. They do not cause chaos at Thai immi or otherwise defy 'stay home' orders or put immi staff at unneeded risk. clearly Immi dept. have been screaming for relief and here it came at long last ????

It’s now official! The order signed by the prime minister to give automatic extension of stay to foreigners has just been published in the Royal Gazette. Effective immediately http://ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/E/081/T_0009.PDF #COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand [ THREAD]