Removing annoying avatars

Inn Between

I have a little pet peeve with animated avatars. I don't like their frames constantly cycling through at the side of the page while I'm reading. It's a very small thing but always a little annoying. There are also a handful of just plain ugly/disturbing avatars with very unpleasant-looking or deranged-looking subjects. It occurred to me today that these are simply elements on the page, and I think I've found a way they can be blocked. Put your cursor on them, and right-click. Then choose "block element". After that, you should not have to see them again. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

I think many of us at this time are more concerned about other issues. I will trade you problem with mine any time

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering some serious problems at this time. I believe the whole world is suffering quite a bit. I made it VERY clear that this was VERY minor thing, and I was offering a helpful suggestion about something -- not complaining, but you seem to be the worst type of forum contributor -- cruising around looking for opportunities too be critical. SHAME ON YOU!!! We don't need people to make us feel worse these days. 

I too am concerned about things and have both read and contributed to the covid-19 posts here and elsewhere, but you know what? NOT ever post has to be about the novel coronavirus situation, and as as far as your personal troubles go, why should my post about something else beside what concerns you cause such outrage to criticize me? 

AMAZING!!!!

Edited by Inn Between
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, tropo said:

I'm sure mine is one that upsets the OP.

Not anymore!  Gone!  And I'd appreciate it if all animated avatar users would post here so I can easy find and destroy your avatar (on my screen, anyway).   ????

And let's make it clear that these were "little pet peeves" -- nothing that "upset" me. What's with the over-reactions? I really tried to make that clear, but I know reading skills are NOT high here with all the 2nd-language speakers.  

Edited by Inn Between
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sherwood said:

Well, arn't you the clever one. Hacker school 101. Thanks mate.

Could you give us a clue for the constant video add on the right side of the forum page.

Now that is a nightmere.

No problem. Glad that it helps somebody else. Not sure about the videos. Maybe the same method?  Let's just say that my pages run very clean. 

Edited by Inn Between

3 hours ago, WatWikiWakiWoo said:

install ublock origin (which you should do anyway for chrome or ff)   right-click the avatar, choose  'block element'   then  'create'  

problem solved

Great to hear other suggestions. I forget to mention that I am using Chrome, and some browsers may work better with other solutions. I suspect there are several approaches with any of them.     

Edited by Inn Between

3 hours ago, WatWikiWakiWoo said:

install ublock origin (which you should do anyway for chrome or ff)   right-click the avatar, choose  'block element'   then  'create'  

problem solved

Terrific solution. Works great on the videos ads that were making the site almost unusable for me.