Baby travelling to UK - which passport

Hi. My girlfriend is pregnant. I plan to get the baby a British passport. What are the travel arrangements for dual nationality. I take it if baby is leaving Thailand to visit UK it shows British passport and if it is returning to Thailand from UK it shows Thai passport. Is this correct to avoid problems with immigration (British and Thai).

thanks 

Show both passports at check-in at BKK, but only the Thai Passport at Thai Immigration passport control. (Don't need a TM6 for the baby). 

You many not be able to check-in online, as you are using both passports. We always plan to be there at check-in opening time.

I've got the son registered on the Frequent Flyer membership, as a co-traveler "Family" on their system.

Show both passports at check-in in the UK when returning to Thailand, and the baby will be logged out of the UK on the e-border system, with the UK passport, and then use the Thai passport for the rest of the trip.

1 hour ago, UKresonant said:

Show both passports at check-in in the UK when returning to Thailand, and the baby will be logged out of the UK on the e-border system, with the UK passport, and then use the Thai passport for the rest of the trip.

Certainly show the Thai passport when checking for the return journey from the UK, that proves that the child isn't subject isn't subject to Immigration Controls in Thailand so will not need a ticket out of Thailand.

The carrier will record the child leaving the UK, even though they will be leaving using a UK Passport, the eborders project was abandoned some five years ago having failed to acheive its objectives and costing the UK Taxpayer in excess of £830m and a further £300m or so in successor programmes

Archived