U.S. deports 400 migrant children under new coronavirus rules

webfact

3 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Buh Bye.

Try Thailands immigration laws if y'all want something to get upset about.

Nothing to see here.......

I know right? They just should have stuck $25,000 in the bank and stayed there forever.

• Haha 1

A post containing unattributed content has been removed, please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A post using a trolling meme has been removed. 

2 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Come here legally. That's all we ask. And if you don't come here legally, you are subject to deportation. End of story.

It's like somebody complaining about the food and service at a restaurant they never intended to pay the bill at. Oh they also potentially have a highly infectious virus that kills your staff.

If we kept them it would be back to the old kids in cages outrage. I personally would rather go back then be locked in a detention center with the virus right now. The loss of jobs we are about to endure basically eliminates the flimsy argument that we need more laborers. That it will be some sort of miraculous net benefit to have people willing to undercut all of the Americans on wages who are now unemployed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

Regardless of age, people are people and Trump is using immigrants as a target to show his base of supporters how tough he is on this issue. He needs to find a "whipping boy" to excite his people and of course he will choose the most vulnerable who cannot fight back and have very few rights.

But that is what demagogues do.  The more Trump does this, the more successful he will be. It is the nature of the political situation we are in right now. The ancient Greeks understood this when they coined the term.

And the kicker is, the only way to beat him democratically, is for his opponent to divide America along a more important issue. I think Bernie could have done this by demonizing bankers and financiers. There is a lot more hatred out there for those types than for immigrants.

But no. The Democrats decided to nominate Biden, aka Hillary 2.0. So now it is going to be 4 more years of Trump. It isn't right, but it is reality. I wish people would wake up and see this. And it is the poor and the powerless who will pay the price for all the ivory tower liberals who think the world should stay the way they demand.

17 minutes ago, Monomial said:

But that is what demagogues do.  The more Trump does this, the more successful he will be. It is the nature of the political situation we are in right now. The ancient Greeks understood this when they coined the term.

And the kicker is, the only way to beat him democratically, is for his opponent to divide America along a more important issue. I think Bernie could have done this by demonizing bankers and financiers. There is a lot more hatred out there for those types than for immigrants.

But no. The Democrats decided to nominate Biden, aka Hillary 2.0. So now it is going to be 4 more years of Trump. It isn't right, but it is reality. I wish people would wake up and see this. And it is the poor and the powerless who will pay the price for all the ivory tower liberals who think the world should stay the way they demand.

I don't know. I'm conflicted. On the surface, it appears Biden skates to the nomination. But then I think there's no way the DNC risks letting him lose this race. On the other hand, if they are to intervene and replace Biden, it could really <deleted> people off and end up with lots of Democrats either voting Trump (a small number there) or staying home (a larger number). The fact remains it is very difficult to unseat an incumbent president. It's only happened once in the past 40 years.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

I don't know. I'm conflicted. On the surface, it appears Biden skates to the nomination. But then I think there's no way the DNC risks letting him lose this race. On the other hand, if they are to intervene and replace Biden, it could really <deleted> people off and end up with lots of Democrats either voting Trump (a small number there) or staying home (a larger number). The fact remains it is very difficult to unseat an incumbent president. It's only happened once in the past 40 years.

If the Democrats could have produced a strong candidate, that candidate would have walked all over Trump. Neither party has produced a strong presidential candidate in decades. The people need to wake up and get more involved in the process, or we will continue to get these poor choices.

7 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Come here legally. That's all we ask. And if you don't come here legally, you are subject to deportation. End of story.

Speaking as one that had to spend large amounts of money and go to lengths to comply with legal residence in LOS I have no sympathy for those that seek to live illegally in another country.

If one's own country is such a <deleted><deleted> that one does not wish to live there, either apply for refugee status and join the q, or do something about your own country.

• Like 2