Ordered to stay home even outside the curfew hours

Sjoerd

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Odd that, as we're better educated than them, have pensions and can afford to live in foreign countries without working.

That's not the story some learned posters have to tell, mulcted of their life savings by an illiterate Isaan chick.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A Brit schoolteacher got most of mine, I've not enough left for the Issan ladies.

Can't say I've ever trusted schoolteachers too far, after proving one of them wrong in primary school. Damn, off topic again. Are you and Nyezhov having a competition on the number of times you can suck me in?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JayBird said:

because of eyes watching.

call it what it  is, nosey <deleted>, with nothing to do all day in their meaningless  lives,  villages  are  full of them tittle  tattling any old rubbish

• Like 1

Some will take every precaution possible, and still succumb. Others will go about as if nothing has happened, and get away scot free. Statistically, however, the smart money will be on the fussbudgets.

6 hours ago, Sjoerd said:

The topic is why someone can lock me at home 24 hours until 15 April without reason; the curfew is 8 hours.  Ofcourse I am aware of all risks and live very careful. (And I live alone because the wife died in a bad way by accident..I not choosed for this way of life). Thanks for reply.

None of us in Thailand or around the world chose to live this way. People in many states in USA cannot go to work, attend church, go to restaurants or bars, gyms ect. No malls open it's boring but it's not forever. Makes no differance if you want to wear a mask or not, wear it as from below article Thai FB users are telling Thai to attack farangs who don't wear a mask and right now only in Phuket (but may happen elsewhere ) you can be fined up to 20,000 baht for not wearing a mask in public.

Edited by Tony125

5 hours ago, snairb said:

I am on day 5 of a 14 day quarantine because the village says so first day lady come take my temp

now each day i phone in my temp!

have bottle of hand cleanser which has 70 % alcohol which kills virus

days 1 2 and 3 drank bottle of red label 40 % so reckon any virus inside my body must be dead by now

take temp and blood pressure every day  local doctor not interested

looking forward to day 14 (have to wonder why only farang get sick )?

Think my age might have something to do with thais being scared

still this is a lot safer than being in europe

40 proof alcohol is only 20% alcohol so will not kill virus in your body. Too much alcohol consumption will also damgae your immune system and make you more suceptable of getting a disease.

Dear Sjoerd, just take the advice of the Thai doctor with a smile. Show that you are part of the solution and not part of the problem. In times of crisis we can show our true selves; somebody who is part of village society and doesnt take everything in a personal and negative way, or the complaining farang who only thinks about himself.

is the virus magically in the air that OP has to wear a mask in his 1 rai of land ?

please explain why people get sick during rainy season, is it not that bad sewer comes out into the streets, people using flip flops and many people stuck together in small rooms waiting for the rain to get over with, less worse than winter period in Europe ...

10 hours ago, JayBird said:

He may be privy to possible changes coming, and is giving you a subtle heads up.

He may also know about possible negative views towards foreigners without mask, and may be suggesting that you wear outside of house because of eyes watching.

I don't wear a mask around the house either but the house is 40 metres from the street and I have 12 rai to walk around in. Even with the wind behind me I don't think I could spit, sneeze or cough that far.

Having said that, in the car and in the villages I do wear a mask. If I want to talk to friends there is always my mobile, Messenger, Line and even phone calls.

Edited by billd766
edited for bad spelling after I had posted, again.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

IS THIS A SERIOUS TOPIC?

the mask goes on every moment you step outside your door and stays on until you return home. even while driving alone.

you have been asked by the government of Thailand not to visit anyone. 

you can grocery shop, go to the pharmacy and hospital. that is it. 

Don.t forget the virus hot spot.

Immigration.

11 hours ago, Sjoerd said:

That was not the question. (also I think not have to stay home 24 hours alone, just can visit a friend near, in safe way)...

You can still do almost anything you like outside curfew hours. It's the provincial governor that issues the local rules during the emergency decree. In Phuket and from tomorrow April 9 in Pattaya a mask has to be worn when going outside. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sjoerd said:

Already 58....normal had happy life here..You just base your opinion upon me on the letters in this topic; is ok.

The topic: If it had become a hotspot with a lockdown I not had problem at all.  I just wonder why told only me yesterday have to stay at home and not told other people near me.As I asked in the first post today. The mask at home I can understand already. 

Can tell from your writing that you are lonely/bored maybe depressed being all alone by your self but "all things shall pass" .  Thai have threatened farangs with violence for not wearing  masks. Even in USA article below shows a Doctor attacked girls for not  keeping their didtance. An elderly lady was killed  when struck down because she did not keep her distance from someone in US (see article) People have been arrested in Phuket, Pattaya and around the world for having friends over  or illegal parties ,even church gatherings. Your only 58 plenty of time to have fun , socialize later.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-doctor-got-angry-that-teen-girls-werent-practicing-social-distancing-then-he-attacked-them-police-say/ar-BB12jDoU?li=BBnb7Kz

On 4/8/2020 at 8:47 AM, Sjoerd said:

Thank you. About the mask it is probably as you tell.  Just remain unhappy to be locked at home. The strange thing  is, he told 3 times just until 15 April.. I know the best is stay at home, but sometimes like to just drive around little bit or visit 1 friend near..

We know (some ) people don't like to be alone but bear with it. Talk with friends on  phone/face time for awhile. Below is article where Brit comedian told singer Sam Smith to suck it up after he was seen crying on a video because he had to stay in his 15 million dollar home and couldn't handle it.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/678077/ricky-gervais-celebs-complaning-medics-die/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

Edited by Tony125