Tesco booze section closed off

GuyDow

1 hour ago, GuyDow said:

I was told it was an "official" instruction but no further details were forthcoming. Does anyone know what is going on here?

Yes. Virus-spreading foreigners are forbidden from buying alcohol at any time but Thai customers can still buy within the original constraints of not before 11 AM or between 2 PM and 5 PM.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, GuyDow said:

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Some provinces have banned the sales of alcohol till the end of the month, I know Sakon Nakhon is one. You have to ask around I suppose, but am sure someone who sells alcohol outside of the big stores will serve you ????

I haven't had a beer for 3 weeks, OMG, the weight is dropping off of me, maybe it's the Vodka ?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Yesterday the shelves in my local 711 were full of water pistols/guns do they know something we don't know? 

Yes they are being sold to fill with disinfectant so everyone can be hosed down, HAPPY SONGKRAN, i guess my sarcasm is unwarranted....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

food is next.

I hope your right NCC, I have gained 2kg in 2 weeks, due to only being able to run on the treadmill, and do my stair workouts.....oh the horror....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

What is the link between booze and C19?  they are clueless and just enjoy excising power 'for Thailand'   

For some/most people, booze is an excuse to get together for a party, especially during Songkran. Never get embraced by a drunk?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cooked said:

For some/most people, booze is an excuse to get together for a party, especially during Songkran. Never get embraced by a drunk?

You don't think Thais will think ahead and buy now?  it's absurd, as absurd as saying you can't buy between 2 and 5

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is called comfort food, and as much as I try and eat healthy as well, a few of the packages of The Pepperidge Farms Nantucket Chocolate chip cookies found its way home, as well as the Oreo's, I blame my GF....lol

I did a box of Pepperidge Farms Nantucket Chocolate chip cookies that was on sale at Tops. I ate that. Then Big C was doing a special on Merba Soft Muffin Cookies for only 99 baht. I had never tried this brand before and they are really good like eating a slice of chocolate cake or a brownie. Then I finished that first bag of Merba and then I ran back to Big C to get another one. I kept telling myself that this is a state of national emergency and a really good price and I don't know when I will be able to eat another cookie.   

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Big C selling booze as normal.  Tesco making up their own rules again, Just go someplace else.   

No they are not 'making up their own rules', at least the shops aren't. It is the provincial governors who are deciding whether booze can be sold on their patch. As mentioned above, we already have a booze ban here in Sakon Nakhon and I read earlier that Chiang Mai is following suit.

I wouldn't be surprised if all provinces impose this ruling before too long. I reckon the idea is to reduce social gathering during the Songkran period. 

So desperate types stock up soon.

• Sad 1