Trump says WHO is China-centric, 'really blew it' on coronavirus

webfact

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Correct. The WHO has handled this very poorly indeed. They handed out a lot of very poor advice which has undoubtedly made the situation worse.

However, many people have an irrational hate of Donald Trump so they will disagree. If Trump said water was wet they'd disagree. It's a shame they lack the ability to separate their emotions from the cold hard facts.

I agree with your assessment of WHO - like many UN agencies they've become ossified and beset by nepotism and corruption. But they were never particularly effective even prior to those natural processes occurring. Surely those who support Trump have been of the opinion forever that the UN are utterly useless. Hence why should their advice matter in the slightest?

I do have a strong dislike of Donald Trump, but I'd hardly call it irrational. I believe in science, competency, transparency and cooperation, and none of those things are supported by the Donald. So I would prefer if you would call it like it is - many people have a strongly justified dislike of Donald Trump. 

Now let me ask you something - do you think that the WHO has any power over decision-making at national level? Do you think that the Trump administration takes note of UN decisions and advice prior to making their choices? Do you think that national governments bear responsibility for what happens within their borders or do you think the UN does?

• Like 2

It was indeed surprising in hindsight why the WHO, informed on 12th January that this was a coronavirus did not advise countries to close borders as soon as possible. 

However, they got it right in the end and made clear that testing was the strategy to defeat the virus and that masks are not necessary.

So in the end Mike Ryan gave the right advice, even if mistakes were made.

Obviously this is another ploy by Donald Trump to save money and not fund the WHO. He needs to save money so he can steal other countries' masks, which is expensive.

WHO ,down playing  this  In fact, many countries were utilizing their advise ,ie USA,as early as January 12,2020.

WHO does not recommend any specific health measures for travellers. In case of symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness either during or after travel, travellers are encouraged to seek medical attention and share travel history with their healthcare provider".  

"WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China based on the information currently available on this event".

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Trump disbanded the NSC pandemic taskforce unit in 2018. He down played the out break stating, 15 now, soon be zero.  There are several such incompetent statements.

This is not about deflecting back to the previous administration, but owning the what has occurred under the current administration.

There was no pandemic in 2018 ! In fact the WHO down played this in January. The first place the world goes for  advise on the virus

https://www.who.int/csr/don/12-january-2020-novel-coronavirus-china/en/

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, riclag said:
WHO ,down playing  this  In fact, many countries were utilizing their advise ,ie USA,as early as January 12,2020.

WHO does not recommend any specific health measures for travellers. In case of symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness either during or after travel, travellers are encouraged to seek medical attention and share travel history with their healthcare provider".  

"WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China based on the information currently available on this event".

The Ethiopian communist politician helping communist China trying to downplay this with false information.

Well, there's a surprise!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You fail to undestand the NSC Pandemic Taskforce was a proactive step (that is to prepare for the possibilty of a crisis,. You not disband fire brigades because there are no fires in a neighbourhood) . They were an expert panel, Trump said it was not needed, so defunded and disbanded it. The knowledge was scattered across the community and then he put his son-in-law(who has no crisis management experience),  in charge of a lame duck panel to advise. 

The whole world was ill advised by the WHO ! If the NSC Pandemic task force was intact as you say, would they  contradict the advise of the in real time January 2020 advise  from the WHO,that the 180 countries and Dr.Faucci  used to determine how to react ! It would go on deaf ears 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Tug said:

Imo he’s looking for something or someone to blame for his bungled response just canned the inspector general threatening the World Health Organization it’s pathetically obvious trump never ever  takes responsibility for anything he always blames and if possible slanders the fall guy it’s how he rolls 

sounds just like a million wives that I have met. 

56 minutes ago, riclag said:

There was no pandemic in 2018 ! In fact the WHO down played this in January. The first place the world goes for  advise on the virus

https://www.who.int/csr/don/12-january-2020-novel-coronavirus-china/en/

<deleted> the task force was embedded with National Security as a measure to manage risk assessment and develop policy in case there was a pandemic. It is alleged Bolton disbanded the unit as a cost saving mechanism. I understand there will be an investigation as to the circumstances and affect on the trump admin response to Covid. Personally I don't trust trump admin for a transparent investigation by a country mile. 

Article reviewing the backward and forwards ins & outs below.

Just a month before the first coronavirus cases emerged in China, a two-year CSIS commission, which included six members of Congress, health experts, and former U.S. and military officials warned that they were “sounding the alarm that the U.S. government is caught in a cycle of crisis and complacency” when it came to preparing the country for a pandemic. As its very first recommendation, the commission urged the White House to restore health security leadership at the NSC.

https://time.com/5806558/administration-officials-fight-criticism/

Edited by simple1

13 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You asked what Trump did wrong, do not deflect with another question.

I stated he disbanded the Taskforce , I have no idea what would have occurred as it was not functioning, there for, no preparation. 

Deflection is a tactic employed when no rational response can be given, as POTUS has perfected it seems

The POTUS used the advise of his COvid task force and mainly people like Faucci,which in turn uses the advise from the WHO

32 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You asked what Trump did wrong, do not deflect with another question.

I stated he disbanded the Taskforce , I have no idea what would have occurred as it was not functioning, there for, no preparation. 

Deflection is a tactic employed when no rational response can be given, as POTUS has perfected it seems

I didn't ask what Trump did wrong! Have a nice day!

Could someone (in the know) please tell me what President Trump's credentials are of ... anything???

A simple question only requires a simple answer. What are his credentials? that make him so much

smarter and more experienced than the professionals in anything but A television show muppet and properties landlord? Please, list his credentials.

Edited by Dap
  • Thanks 1