BANGKOK
webfact

Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

11 hours ago, kotsak said:

Needless to say that I'll keep doing my 90-days reporting on time (via post) just to be on the safe side 😐

how do u do that ?? I've never done it 

16 minutes ago, justin case said:

kasikorn is 100 baht for 3 month status, 200 baht for 6 months

the bank letter to state your 400-800k for at least 2-3 months is another 100 baht

I went to the bank 3x (1time this year, 2x last year) for nothing as immigration denied an extension I had funds and other papers, but my ex-wife signature missing

and now during COVID 19 and me taking care 24/7 of my child and ex-wife 0 days per year, I am still in trouble as that monster does not want to provide me 2 documents (her id & tabien baan) so I cannot extend my visa ... and nothing I can do, not even COURT

have u considered the multi o from laos or leaving the place where you clearly not feel welcome anymore? your wife left you now grow a pair 🙂

3 minutes ago, worldfun said:

US embassy for one have already officially stated the amnesty. anyone else?? any other concerns? doubts? this is done deal take it or leave 🙂

Yes on the April 8th health alert. Is it ok to post the link?

11 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

so what happens when the 90-day is reinforced? do we all get fined for doing it late?

Why would that happen? Don't be paranoid. The skipped 90 days reporting will probably last until April 30,then extended another 30 days if the situation hasn't improved. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

From the US embassy website. Still very focused in scope.

Tourist Visas Expiring on/after March 26 Extended

The Ministry of Interior announced today that tourists (including U.S. citizens) who hold visas expiring on or after March 26 will benefit from an automatic 30-day extension.  There is no need to apply for the extension at a local immigration office.

Edited by vermin on arrival

1 minute ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yes on the April 8th health alert. Is it ok to post the link?

I'm not US so haven't got the email, but this should be good enough for now:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

From the US embassy website. Still very focused in scope.

The Ministry of Interior announced today that tourists (including U.S. citizens) who hold visas expiring on or after March 26 will benefit from an automatic 30-day extension.  There is no need to apply for the extension at a local immigration office.

it's crystal:

permit to stay 26/mar (state of emergency commencement) or later will get amnesty to stay as long as emergency decree in place at least till 30apr thus who have overstayed since 26th or later should also be included. only those who have overstayed prior to 26th are in trouble...

90day reports. who care but they are covered too presumedly. it makes sense its late but better than never immigration can now shut down if need be but at least close all extra/special satelite offices & wave goodbye to chaos for a while 🙂 thanks finally!

• Like 2

The following was announced by the US Embassy today:

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand (April 8, 2020)

Event:  Automatic Extension of Tourist Visas; Transportation Out of Thailand; Flight Options from Phuket; Suspension of All Passport Services, Except Emergency Passports

The Ministry of Interior announced today that tourists (including U.S. citizens) who hold visas expiring on or after March 26 will benefit from an automatic 30-day extension.  There is no need to apply for the extension at a local immigration office.

saw that earlier but it mentions nothing about 90 days report, mine is due in about two weeks.

I don't have issues to go do it but would rather not, hopefully will be sorted (and confirmed) before then.

What about waiting to what and if it happens instead of being so negative.

So after going to that huge temp place today in Muang Thong Thani, and standing in line for this and that and ending up with nothing except, "You have to go to the other place tomarrow and need to be there by 5AM to get a Number, now i don't have to go anywhere or fill out all the forms I was given today for a Tourist extention, and after "just" finishing reading all 17 pages on Thaivisa, i can stay home tomarrow? What about the 1900tb? When or where do we pay that?  I have been here 10 yrs, but my wife died 2 yrs ago, and i have been doing the Tourist stamp thing, because cannot geta yearly VISA at this point. Thankyou in advance...

42 minutes ago, ziky said:
12 hours ago, kotsak said:

Needless to say that I'll keep doing my 90-days reporting on time (via post) just to be on the safe side 😐

how do u do that ?? I've never done it 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, worldfun said:

I'm not US so haven't got the email, but this should be good enough for now:

And now the few who where blaming this man as a blogger with non solid news …., can bite their tong because their sour remarks , he brought the under consideration news in good hope  and it  is confirmed now . 

Thanks Richard Barrow  you made many people happy with the pre -news 👍

Edited by david555