Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

webfact

9 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Do they have really think this new "law"!? Now every farang have same date to end they visa!

So 30.4.2020 there is 500000 people in imigration line! Hope have enough seat´s!

quoted for truth.

https://i.imgflip.com/37kv8f.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Do they have really think this new "law"!? Now every farang have same date to end they visa!

So 30.4.2020 there is 500000 people in imigration line! Hope have enough seat´s!

I guess they expect some would leave as soon flights would resume to be allowed to fly in /out , if not it shall be extended once more until all stabilize , as this solution is also meant to help the stranded tourist  ones …., not meant for the ones jumping I.O. hoops however they also benefit from it as borders closed for visa runs ….

Edited by david555

Please please you guys out there In 13 years of dealing with Immigration and the individual IMO's, Annual Retirement Extensions; Re-Entry Permits; 90 Day reporting; arriving at Subverhami;  I can say I have not had a single problem.  I do take time to try to get it right and if you do things properly you can almost guarantee

success at each arrival/visit.  Is it not just possible that the Bureau are earnestly trying to assist us during  the current crisis.  I feel sure the last thing on their on their minds is to financially punish us when thing get back to normal if they ever do.  Give them a chance guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

That's going to be so epic I just might have to go out simply to take photos of it. The line to Jomthien immigration should be all the way to Hua Hin, over the water.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

That's going to be so epic I just might have to go out simply to take photos of it. The line to Jomthien immigration should be all the way to Hua Hin, over the water.

Foreigners walking over water ……. Jeezus!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Postmaster said:

Please please you guys out there In 13 years of dealing with Immigration and the individual IMO's, Annual Retirement Extensions; Re-Entry Permits; 90 Day reporting; arriving at Subverhami;  I can say I have not had a single problem.  I do take time to try to get it right and if you do things properly you can almost guarantee

success at each arrival/visit.  Is it not just possible that the Bureau are earnestly trying to assist us during  the current crisis.  I feel sure the last thing on their on their minds is to financially punish us when thing get back to normal if they ever do.  Give them a chance guys.

Glad for you ,but this virus has shown their true nature .As always in Thailand >money number one < 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Postmaster said:

And remember that some countries are a little more easy for immigration matters and many countries are much worse, more complex, more documents and more visits, more expensive and much worse attitude from the imm. officers. 

22 hours ago, kotsak said:

Needless to say that I'll keep doing my 90-days reporting on time (via post) just to be on the safe side ????

If They even let you in to do it. I would recommend taking the Thai wife or Girlfriend with you in case there is some sort of sign on the door. It would not be normal, but maybe in this case they will provide some extra Information. Good Luck.

6 hours ago, david555 said:

I guess they expect some would leave as soon flights would resume to be allowed to fly in /out , if not it shall be extended once more until all stabilize , as this solution is also meant to help the stranded tourist  ones …., not meant for the ones jumping I.O. hoops however they also benefit from it as borders closed for visa runs ….

Also, Some may just make visa runs simply to get the Cobwebs worked out from the Cabin fever. 

• Like 1

So, just to clarify.

i am on extension to OA retirement.  Permission expires 22 July.

i am supposed to do a 90-day report on 14/04 so I no longer have to do this?

If the current 'amnesty' ends on 30/04 and is not extended, when do I do my 90-day?  Surely not everyone with delayed reports will be expected to front up on 01/05.  As has been pointed out by previous posters this would result in mayhem!

9 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

So the PM has signed the proposed measure. Any idea yet what is involved?

I presented my wife with the Thai text, but not surprisingly it is in theThai version of obfuscucianism.

On a more specific note will TM 30 reporting be affected? We went straight into 14 day isolation and couldn't seem to make the online reporting work on our cell phones. (We are both old by Thai standards????????).

Documents like this are difficult to totally and accurately comprehend in any country, and it often takes several 'reads' to see the point. 

This has been talked about for weeks and it was said that anyone arriving in Thailand on or after the First of March would get this EMERGENCY 30 day visa. now it is the 09th of April. So those that have been waiting for this instead of increasing the length of queues waiting outside Immigration Offices in this Hot and Stick Weather, are now 9 days overdue. (I am 4 days overdue.) This was suppose to be an EMERGENCY matter. God help us if we ever have anything worst then this.  

Martin. (An unemployed Teacher of English, 63 years old and having taught in Thai school for nearly 14 years. For what?) (GO HOME) My family is here in Thailand.

Curriculm Vitae.doc

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

So, just to clarify.

i am on extension to OA retirement.  Permission expires 22 July.

i am supposed to do a 90-day report on 14/04 so I no longer have to do this?

If the current 'amnesty' ends on 30/04 and is not extended, when do I do my 90-day?  Surely not everyone with delayed reports will be expected to front up on 01/05.  As has been pointed out by previous posters this would result in mayhem!

????‍♂️ Aliens who are due for 90 days reports between 26th of March 2020 and 30th of April 2020 are temporarily exempted from reporting in this period until further notice.

Your exempt of making that 90 day report due 14/4.

Therefore your next 90 report will be automatically due 13/7 until advised otherwise.

Nobody should have to front up at Immigration as and when normality resumes as TI have already advised to submit 90 day reports online or by post (not in person).

IMHO this amnesty will be extended month by month until at least the end of June, maybe longer.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 9:49 AM, Speedo1968 said:

I see a number of people saying that the post office doesn't have 10baht stamps, why can't you use 4 x 3baht stamps ?

This mathematical equation is waaaaaay to complex for them! They would have pull much needed artificial intelligence resources away from the 5,000 baht per month giveaway scheme.

Edited by BobinBKK
Spelling
  • Haha 1

hello , my father now in koh samui with 30 days tourist visa + 30 days extension. he is in samui now and samui is closed until 30 april.no ferry no fligts. his 30 days extension  will be expired in 25 april but we were able to find ticket for him only on 03 may. so he will overstay 3 days. what i can do for it ? if my father goes immigration with embassy letter, they can give more extension ?

2 hours ago, kiever said:

hello , my father now in koh samui with 30 days tourist visa + 30 days extension. he is in samui now and samui is closed until 30 april.no ferry no fligts. his 30 days extension  will be expired in 25 april but we were able to find ticket for him only on 03 may. so he will overstay 3 days. what i can do for it ? if my father goes immigration with embassy letter, they can give more extension ?

If still have issues the extensions will be extended but if not would not worry about it and just pay the 1500 baht overstay at airport if they even require it.  Do not believe police will be causing issues for such period.  Father does not qualify for any further extension so best to just do at airport if not automatic extension again.

***IMPORTANT READ THIS***

BE CAREFUL.  Anecdotal evidence suggests that this only covers people who entered and were stamped with permitted to stay by date after 26-Mar.  Anyone who got here earlier this year, and had extended their stay IS NOT COVERED. If you fail to come in you might get a NASTY SURPRISE that you will need to pay 500baht per day past your extension date PLUS 1900baht for a new extension. Beware. They have sneakily done a #BaitAndSwitch on people !!!