Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

What a bunch of miserable c**** some of you are. Don’t know why you stay here with such negative attitudes. Carry on!

Edited by Donga
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A most welcome news...On behalf of all foreigners in the kingdom, Thank you Immigration department and may the spirit of compassion and understanding will prevail and expand to other departments havin

and thanks to Richard Barrow who has been Tweeting photos of the long lines with zero social distancing at various immigration offices for the past weeks.        

Needless to say that I'll keep doing my 90-days reporting on time (via post) just to be on the safe side 😐

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Donga said:

What a bunch of miserable c**** some of you are. Don’t know why you stay here with such negative attitudes. Carry on!

I concur.

• Confused 1

Do they have really think this new "law"!? Now every farang have same date to end they visa!

So 30.4.2020 there is 500000 people in imigration line! Hope have enough seat´s!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Do they have really think this new "law"!? Now every farang have same date to end they visa!

So 30.4.2020 there is 500000 people in imigration line! Hope have enough seat´s!

quoted for truth.

https://i.imgflip.com/37kv8f.jpg

• Like 1

They will now figure out that the 90 day is useless and will only have to do when you chan👹👧👨‍🔧👹ge address 

47 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I guess they expect some would leave as soon flights would resume to be allowed to fly in /out , if not it shall be extended once more until all stabilize , as this solution is also meant to help the stranded tourist  ones …., not meant for the ones jumping I.O. hoops however they also benefit from it as borders closed for visa runs ….

Edited by david555

Please please you guys out there In 13 years of dealing with Immigration and the individual IMO's, Annual Retirement Extensions; Re-Entry Permits; 90 Day reporting; arriving at Subverhami;  I can say I have not had a single problem.  I do take time to try to get it right and if you do things properly you can almost guarantee

success at each arrival/visit.  Is it not just possible that the Bureau are earnestly trying to assist us during  the current crisis.  I feel sure the last thing on their on their minds is to financially punish us when thing get back to normal if they ever do.  Give them a chance guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

That's going to be so epic I just might have to go out simply to take photos of it. The line to Jomthien immigration should be all the way to Hua Hin, over the water.

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

That's going to be so epic I just might have to go out simply to take photos of it. The line to Jomthien immigration should be all the way to Hua Hin, over the water.

Foreigners walking over water ……. Jeezus!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Postmaster said:

Please please you guys out there In 13 years of dealing with Immigration and the individual IMO's, Annual Retirement Extensions; Re-Entry Permits; 90 Day reporting; arriving at Subverhami;  I can say I have not had a single problem.  I do take time to try to get it right and if you do things properly you can almost guarantee

success at each arrival/visit.  Is it not just possible that the Bureau are earnestly trying to assist us during  the current crisis.  I feel sure the last thing on their on their minds is to financially punish us when thing get back to normal if they ever do.  Give them a chance guys.

Glad for you ,but this virus has shown their true nature .As always in Thailand >money number one < 

• Confused 1
5 hours ago, Postmaster said:

And remember that some countries are a little more easy for immigration matters and many countries are much worse, more complex, more documents and more visits, more expensive and much worse attitude from the imm. officers. 

22 hours ago, kotsak said:

Needless to say that I'll keep doing my 90-days reporting on time (via post) just to be on the safe side 😐

If They even let you in to do it. I would recommend taking the Thai wife or Girlfriend with you in case there is some sort of sign on the door. It would not be normal, but maybe in this case they will provide some extra Information. Good Luck.

6 hours ago, david555 said:

I guess they expect some would leave as soon flights would resume to be allowed to fly in /out , if not it shall be extended once more until all stabilize , as this solution is also meant to help the stranded tourist  ones …., not meant for the ones jumping I.O. hoops however they also benefit from it as borders closed for visa runs ….

Also, Some may just make visa runs simply to get the Cobwebs worked out from the Cabin fever. 

• Like 1

So, just to clarify.

i am on extension to OA retirement.  Permission expires 22 July.

i am supposed to do a 90-day report on 14/04 so I no longer have to do this?

If the current 'amnesty' ends on 30/04 and is not extended, when do I do my 90-day?  Surely not everyone with delayed reports will be expected to front up on 01/05.  As has been pointed out by previous posters this would result in mayhem!