Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

webfact

Just now, Speedo1968 said:

I see a number of people saying that the post office doesn't have 10baht stamps, why can't you use 4 x 3baht stamps ?

Because they specifically say to use a 10 baht stamp?  But the point is there is no rational reason for such if they are not going to return copies for use next time - as letter postage is 3 baht.  Getting 4 of them on envelope can be done but it should not be required.

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Because they specifically say to use a 10 baht stamp?  But the point is there is no rational reason for such if they are not going to return copies for use next time - as letter postage is 3 baht.  Getting 4 of them on envelope can be done but it should not be required.

I have never used mail application.
Perhaps they intend / do send back numerous copies thus postal rate goes up from 3 - 10baht ?
A clear case of screwed logic.

4 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Sorry but i don't see how post office and stamps have something to do with this topic...

It is a 90 day reporting alternative to visiting immigration but requires stamps so you still have to go out to buy them and mail the letter.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

I have never used mail application.
Perhaps they intend / do send back numerous copies thus postal rate goes up from 3 - 10baht ?
A clear case of screwed logic.

Indeed they did return the copies until the last year or so - but Bangkok seems to have changed to just returning the receipt the last times I did by mail.

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

whats with all the critical posts on this thread so far - yes maybe a bit late but seems to me like sensible good news and I am pleased to hear this 

well done Immigration - eventually realised what was going on was unworkable and dangerous

Thumbs up from me

Hmmmm ... I detect some discrepancy between the message you posted praising Immigration for how they handle the present situation and the motto under all your posted messages reading 

> My tolerance for idiots is extremely low

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It is a 90 day reporting alternative to visiting immigration but requires stamps so you still have to go out to buy them and mail the letter.  

But its been suspended so no need for stamps etc ....

Sure some unfortunate guys having been so indoctrinated with immigration conformity over the years will still be trying to do it, or rushing to fill in a tm30 if they accidently cross the borders into another province or presenting to their local office to proudly show still they still have 27 million baht in the bank and havent spent it on loose women, gambling and whisky.

Edited by sapson
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Even that is a pain as Bangkok said 10 baht stamp and another said 5 baht stamp and post office seems to only have 3 baht stamps available.  Bangkok clearly said 15 days or more prior to mail - others say between 15 and 7 days.  I always mailed 15 or more to Bangkok and most had stamp to mail in proper time period next time.  If receipt not obtained in 30 days you have to make trip to immigration to resolve.  

doing it online is easy. I just did and received the approval the next day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is an astonishing day in Thailand. Immigration, perhaps the most backward, inefficient and xenophobic organization in the nation, is actually considering something that will improve the quality of life for foreigners, and especially for ex-pats. This is amazing. This day may actually go down in history. After all, when was the last time they made a gracious gesture towards us?

I have been predicting for some time, that this Covid shutdown will instill a bit of humility into this arrogant unit. Perhaps it has. Hooray for that.  

your last paragraph......do you think it really WILL??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Even that is a pain as Bangkok said 10 baht stamp and another said 5 baht stamp and post office seems to only have 3 baht stamps available.  Bangkok clearly said 15 days or more prior to mail - others say between 15 and 7 days.  I always mailed 15 or more to Bangkok and most had stamp to mail in proper time period next time.  If receipt not obtained in 30 days you have to make trip to immigration to resolve.  

pathetic  isnt  it,  welcome  to  the 1800's

• Like 1