BANGKOK
webfact

Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Even that is a pain as Bangkok said 10 baht stamp and another said 5 baht stamp and post office seems to only have 3 baht stamps available.  Bangkok clearly said 15 days or more prior to mail - others say between 15 and 7 days.  I always mailed 15 or more to Bangkok and most had stamp to mail in proper time period next time.  If receipt not obtained in 30 days you have to make trip to immigration to resolve.  

doing it online is easy. I just did and received the approval the next day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sweatalot said:

doing it online is easy. I just did and received the approval the next day

Not so easy (impossible) for those of us who have stayed here for the last decade.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Welcome as it is , I hope they just say reporting is suspended for a fixed time, like 3 months, so that it is easy to calculate the next report when suspension is over.

• Like 1

Thanks Richard for all the effort , just realized that I'm late on my 90 day....no need to worry at this point ..

• Like 1

What does that mean? I have been staying here for more than the last decade

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is an astonishing day in Thailand. Immigration, perhaps the most backward, inefficient and xenophobic organization in the nation, is actually considering something that will improve the quality of life for foreigners, and especially for ex-pats. This is amazing. This day may actually go down in history. After all, when was the last time they made a gracious gesture towards us?

I have been predicting for some time, that this Covid shutdown will instill a bit of humility into this arrogant unit. Perhaps it has. Hooray for that.  

your last paragraph......do you think it really WILL??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Even that is a pain as Bangkok said 10 baht stamp and another said 5 baht stamp and post office seems to only have 3 baht stamps available.  Bangkok clearly said 15 days or more prior to mail - others say between 15 and 7 days.  I always mailed 15 or more to Bangkok and most had stamp to mail in proper time period next time.  If receipt not obtained in 30 days you have to make trip to immigration to resolve.  

pathetic  isnt  it,  welcome  to  the 1800's

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg O said:

Thanks Richard for all the effort , just realized that I'm late on my 90 day....no need to worry at this point ..

i am like you......I have eleven days to do mine  !!

Is one year non-O visa considered 'permanent resident'? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sapson said:

Indeed you are correct! not until the fat lady sings who although on stage is still clearing her throat.

and not wearing a mask...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Greg O said:

assuming they make 'grandfathered time' retroactive to when they officially decide to do this

• Haha 1

Just now, EricTh said:

Is one year non-O visa considered 'permanent resident'? 

No.

• Like 2