BANGKOK
webfact

Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

when was the last time they made a gracious gesture towards us?

When America, Australia, British, embassies didn't provide letters of income anymore, the only way to get an extension based on retirement for the citizens of these 3 countries was to have 800000 ThB on a Thai bankbook.

They then create the possibility of the 65000 monthly transfer.

Maybe not the solution, but sure something to avoid the 800000 way.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That you are not in the online database unless you have actually made an entry into Thailand within the last 7 or so years regardless of all the 90 day reports you have filed - and there is no way to get onto that database without leaving Thailand.

Never heard about that. But yes, I have been going out and in during the last 10 years.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the Immigration Bureau has put forward plans

all in the words, like::: put forward, considering, suggesting, thinking about and yet nothing concrete, as somebody once said/sing "" It ain't over till (or until) the fat lady sings""

meaning==is a colloquialism which is often used as a proverb. It means that one should not presume to know the outcome of an event which is still in progress.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I don't get the clue, but never mind.

Fact is that there is STILL no official announcement after weeks of proclaiming that it has been approved and 'only' needs an official stamp...

In a country that is generally focused on take take take x10 and then some

Giving back (sensible or not) is a very hard pill to swallow - it goes against everything they believe in 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I don't get the clue, but never mind.

Fact is that there is STILL no official announcement after weeks of proclaiming that it has been approved and 'only' needs an official stamp...

I know why.... they are using the TAT calculator to determine how much they will loose and the numbers showing are scaring them to death  555

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

whats with all the critical posts on this thread so far - yes maybe a bit late but seems to me like sensible good news and I am pleased to hear this 

well done Immigration - eventually realised what was going on was unworkable and dangerous

Thumbs up from me

Totally agree. To come up with something that can robustly handle the different types of 'stranded tourists' alone will need some careful planning so that the inevitable ongoing administration of further extensions is also trouble free. A work in progress at a time when their workplace is probably more challenged than we give them credit for.

• Like 1

I'm retirement extension until end of may that I'm letting go of as heading back to oz for a year or 2 but just had my second flight cancelled. So the automatic extension cover me as well?

• Like 1

Finally some positive news if it get's approval.

I am on a tourist visa (60 days) It runs out 4th of May

Do i Get an free extension? Do i have to go to immigration on 4th of May and pay the 1900 baht?

Posted (edited)

Do we still have to go to Immigration for our yearly RENEWAL retirement visa or will that be on hold as well?

Edited by whiteman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Indeed you are correct! not until the fat lady sings who although on stage is still clearing her throat.

Hope she's wearing a face mask..

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So I am on a visa on arrival. I arrived on 11th March. So tomorrow do I have to go to immigration? Will I que up for 5 hrs and then be told I don't need to come and be sent away.

I have never been to Thai immigration before!

Tried calling always engaged

Edited by Badboldie

1 hour ago, justin case said:

don't get your hopes up, nothing is announced and the last one came with 10 new requirements

making other people suffer is a pleasure for others

announcement due August...2021

• Haha 1