Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

webfact

One point about extending all tourist visas to the same date mentioned as April 30 then May 30 etc, would be an exit strategy...the whole tourist population would then either need to leave or visit immigration on the same day once the amnesty is over...surely they mean extend the current date of expiry by 30 days for each tourist??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, miamiman123 said:

20 years here supporting a Thai  family and I’m about DONE w this place!!!!!!

these people are as crazy as barn yard rats!!!!!! 

20 years as a yearly long time visitor. Was on my way out then this happened. Just needed to be faster and catch an earlier plane to Taiwan. I am done with this country.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

why? the amnesty is for real emergencies. your situation only brings a little bit discomfort. you can apply for a new one year visa when you travel to Thailand again.

Well, it's actually about more than a little bit discomfort - it's all about that you have paid for a service you can't use and then it's normal to be compensated in one way or another which in this case could have been automatic renewal or extension ...  :thumbsup:

I can’t believe Thai visa is running this story based on what a so- called popular blogger is writing.....geeze....look at this guy's history and you will understand most of what he writes is fiction at best .....don’t believe a word until it’s official.....sorry Thai visa, but you shouldn’t forward bloggers posts, you should forward facts from the government....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

What is/will be the position of an expat whose British passport is almost finished (visa extension to end of April) who cannot renew the passport as VFS are no longer accepting renewal applications. 

You could apply for another (presumably) 1 year extension, which will only be granted to the expiry date of your Passport. Hopefully by then the VFS centre may have reopened.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, justin case said:

100.000 x 800.000 baht = 80.000.000.000 baht

the bank only need 10 percent of that in stock and multiply this by 10

so 800.000.000.000 at 6-8 percent interest they get

pretty deal with peanuts they pay for forced 800.000 baht per person

The 800K for 5 months , 7 months 400K are for your  use ….. if you need them of course... , so re calculate again .

• Sad 1

BREAKING NEWS!

For the 26th time, someone says that Immigration will eventually do something, someday, to extend Visas!

In the meantime, nothing has changed.

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, justin case said:

100.000 x 800.000 baht = 80.000.000.000 baht

the bank only need 10 percent of that in stock and multiply this by 10

so 800.000.000.000 at 6-8 percent interest they get

pretty deal with peanuts they pay for forced 800.000 baht per person

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

The 800K for 5 months , 7 months 400K are for your  use ….. if you need them of course... , so re calculate again .

Don't encourage him..... I couldn't understand his first calculation.   ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You could apply for another (presumably) 1 year extension, which will only be granted to the expiry date of your Passport. Hopefully by then the VFS centre may have reopened.

Unfortunately both the visa extension and passport expire on the same day at the end of April

Here's my question:

Lets say they actually give "automatic visa extensions"

I want to know what the word "automatic" will mean, and how it will be defined by them?

What will be "automatic" about these extensions?

Does "automatic" mean no embassy letter required, but that you still have to go to the immigration bureau?

I think a lot of people are assuming "automatic" will equal:

"I don't have to visit an immigration bureau and I won't be charged a fine if I just stay at home"

Unless that's explicitly stated my assumption will remain that everyone must go in to do 30 day visa extensions. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, shinawhat said:

I can’t believe Thai visa is running this story based on what a so- called popular blogger is writing.....geeze....look at this guy's history and you will understand most of what he writes is fiction at best .....don’t believe a word until it’s official.....sorry Thai visa, but you shouldn’t forward bloggers posts, you should forward facts from the government....

RE - what he writes is fiction at the best vs facts from the government

* Could you pls advice the difference ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, andy8017 said:

I am waiting for a passport renewal  sent to HMPO by EMS after lock down in March ,no reply to E.mails or phone ,?

Surely passport  renewals for Brits have to be applied for at VFS. How come you submitted it by EMS direct to HMPO?

Just now, Tanoshi said:

You mean the VFS centre.

It's closed.

I am given to understand that whilst VFS is closed for new passport and visa applications,  British passport renewals in the system, will be returned to VFS in the usual way, and a skeleton staff will advise re arrival and collection details.

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Contact your (Irish?) Embassy.

It is not for me, but a British expat teacher who I am trying to help. From past experience I don't imagine for one minute the Br Embassy will help. other than supply an emergency travel document. And that would not be needed as nobody can leave Thailand!

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

A most welcome news...On behalf of all foreigners in the kingdom, Thank you Immigration department and may the spirit of compassion and understanding will prevail and expand to other departments having to do with your guests in this country...

Hasn't happened yet, don't break out the champers yet!

This little virus has upended a few plans, I’ll say. Worldwide. The loss of income for everyone, incl governments , is of diabolical proportions. Those on pension handouts won’t understand.

I fear it’s like a tsunami. A new wave is coming. Run for higher grounds , folks. This time it’s different!

1 minute ago, prakhonchai nick said:

It is not for me, but a British expat teacher who I am trying to help. From past experience I don't imagine for one minute the Br Embassy will help. other than supply an emergency travel document. And that would not be needed as nobody can leave Thailand!

Who can not leave Thailand?  People are leaving every day.  There is no restrictions on leaving - most countries encourage there nationals to leave ASAP.