Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

webfact

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

He very clearly stated where he got his information - directly from immigration officers.

But he posted this with certainty before it was signed.....must have been a high ranking immigration officer......or do you think he was just hanging out at the office when they came out of the meeting.....

Edited by shinawhat
Omitted words sorry

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

We are waiting on further information but do not believe it has anything to do with a visa expiration date but much more likely permitted to stay until date.

permitted to stay would make sense, and would mean anyone that overstayed in the last 12 days wouldn't be punished.

but how often do things make sense?

"Love in the Time of Covid" has not been kind to the poor hoards of tourists (including their children) who have found themselves locked down and also, now, pretty much abandoned. This is not on. We have all said it and frankly, had it not been for Richard Barrow, not much would have been done to spread the voice of the happless - not all are working for the NED and other miscreants causing mischief and mayhem. Once the airlines start to work and run some flights, the burden on the government will be reduced but a hard lesson will have been learned and many horrible memories to go with them.  Good luck to all and again, a big thank you  to Richard Barrow (not related).

Edited by Magenta408
typo

4 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

He's been providing a wide range of information about Thailand for a very long time. He's also been pushing hard for a visa amnesty and *some people in the government do take notice of him, for better or worse.

Looks like Thai Visa certainly believed him before it was a done deal.....very dangerous journalism indeed! 

Richard Barrow has been good to Thailand and judging by his love of the country, vice-versa. This is good and I would hope that each country has a Richard Barrow in times of need. One has to thank Mr. Prayut for doing the needful and for doing WHAT WAS RIGHT. We haven't hear much from the grand-poohbahs in their embassies sitting in their air conditioned offices helping their citizens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

I believe Katy Price is also a popular blogger.

According to a popular blogger, Immigration is set to announce....

give me a break. We believe bloggers now?

Is that Tomato ketchup on the side of your face?

UPDATE: PM Prayut Chan-o-cha today signed an executive order granting visa amnesty to foreigners left stranded in Thailand by the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic.

The order, released by the Ministry of Interior, grants “special permission for some classes of aliens to stay in the Kingdom.”

It was signed by Prayuth and head of the Ministry of Interior, Anupong Paochinda.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/visa-amnesty-announced-awaiting-pms-signature

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, greggraham said:

So RB hyped everyone up saying, I quote, "VISA AMNESTY FOR EVERYONE" and "Everyone who is in Thailand legally will have an automatic 30 day extension", but according to folks on twitter it seems like only for those who's visas expired after March 26th..? 

Best wait for the official translation I guess. 

Here's two previous posts which make it very clear who / which visas etc., are covered by this latest order:

image.png.2e115fc6da0fa5248418af90368b3ffa.png

image.png.d4287b5700a83814921027be1db2f5d3.png

The official English language translation from the ministry should be published very soon. 

Wow, so many negative nancies here attacking anyone that is just trying to help. Lots of very very sad and pathetic people in Thailand, I feel sorry for them.  Here is what is posted elsewhere on TV:

Screenshot_20200408-173333_Facebook.jpg.

And on a news site (not sur e if this one is banned, I will know if post is deleted:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/08/prayut-extends-foreigners-stay-to-april-30-due-to-coronavirus/

BANGKOK — Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday signed the plan to grant automatic visa extensions for foreigners residing in Thailand to April 30.

According to the announcement published this afternoon by the Ministry of Interior Affairs, foreigners who entered the kingdom with visas, visa on arrival, or through visa waiver programs will be granted an extended stay from March 26 to April 30.

The 90-day reporting is also suspended until April 30. Those who entered Thailand by border permits are allowed to stay in the country until the border checkpoints are reopened.

The order is set to come into effect when it’s published in the Royal Government Gazette.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zoza said:

I have never done my 90 day by post, but does it not entail going the post office (soi 5) and also getting all the documents copied (soi 5 or any copy shop) not sure how many documents/stamps ect and if it can be done in one venue? totally the first for me, I have had iffy experience's trying to use the online method for basically anything re Immigration? but I am no Techy

by any stretch. and its a shame as the 90 day report is the Dogs B****cks 

of any of my dealings with Immigration.

To the left of Immigration parking area there are a couple tables set up where you can get everything done for you; copies, photos, forms filled out and ready for the Immigration officer. Cost about 150 baht. If lines are long you might want to cough up a much larger amount for them to run it in for you and be on your way quickly.

36 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Absolute nonsense!

Not the documents, the bank fee.

The same requirement for a 12 month bank statement + letter costs 200 baht at Bangkok bank.

The bank do not have to supply the photocopies.

For your information it is not 12 x monthly statements Thai banks issue.

It is one statement covering a 12 month period, be it one, two, or 3 pages.

Some banks charge 200 baht each for the letter and statement.

When was the last time you renewed your visa? I am trying to find some documentation immigration gave him, upon his visit in February. I am not making this up. 

25 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

We are waiting on further information but do not believe it has anything to do with a visa expiration date but much more likely permitted to stay until date.

Obviously their goal is not to cancel any outstanding penalties you might have if you are in overstay status. But maybe you become part of the 30-April + 30 + 30 automatic group once you pay up to bring your current overstay status into legally permitted to stay.

13 minutes ago, shinawhat said:

Looks like Thai Visa certainly believed him before it was a done deal.....very dangerous journalism indeed! 

Why do you have such a big chip on your shoulder?  If the blogger is wrong, then he's wrong. We'll find out soon enough without you having to project all your negativity here. Were you wronged by another blogger or by Thailand and it's making you so mad that you have to <deleted> all over this forum?

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

When was the last time you renewed your visa? I am trying to find some documentation immigration gave him, upon his visit in February. I am not making this up. 

I don't extend my Visa, that's impossible.

I do however extend my permission to stay.

I have a mate in Hua Hin, also extended Feb using income method.

400 baht for bank statements/letter.

Your mate either didn't understand or had the bank do everything including copies and 2 sets of statements/letters, even then the bank fees you quoted still wouldn't add up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Your mate either didn't understand or had the bank do everything including copies and 2 sets of statements/letters, even then the bank fees you quoted still wouldn't add up.

Maybe your friend went before they changed their policy. It was February 15th, that he encountered this additional layer of nonsense, and expense. I am not making this up. Add 5900 baht to the visa fees, from now on, using the income method. Unless this is a Kasikornbank scam. I will look into it and see if he can find some paperwork on it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Maybe your friend went before they changed their policy. It was February 15th, that he encountered this additional layer of nonsense, and expense. I am not making this up. Add 5900 baht to the visa fees, from now on, using the income method. Unless this is a Kasikornbank scam. I will look into it and see if he can find some paperwork on it. 

The information sheet for requirements at Hua Hin were posted recently.

There was nothing that warrants a 5,900 baht fee from a bank.

Not saying your making it up, but I don't believe your friend is telling you the whole truth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The information sheet for requirements at Hua Hin were posted recently.

There was nothing that warrants a 5,900 baht fee from a bank.

Not saying your making it up, but I don't believe your friend is telling you the whole truth.

He is saying you need to show 12 separate months of minimum 65,000bht per month deposits. 3 pages of complete drafts of all transactions in account, cross-referenced with original bank book pages, copied as well for a cost. They give u first 3 months free so u only pay 4500 bht. Takes minumin 7 days to clear bkk main office as the local branches will print the 36 plus pages, 3 pages per month of all transactions for the year. If u want quicker than 7 days, u pay more and the branch worker can make it happen.

10 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Won't they still fk you around and reject it / fine you later? It's already hard enough figuring out the time window to apply by post or online for 90 day reports so changing it with a new requirement will confuse the dates even more? I wish they either stop 90 day reports for ever or leave the thing alone as is.

Stop it forever, there was no reason to start it in the first place, none of us deserve to be treated like criminals.

I went to immigration on April 2 already and paid 1900 for the second extension (including with the embassy uk letter) they only stamped me for 15 days and told me to return in 15 days to get a further 15 days (no further charge)

so I no longer need to go?

Also then my visa would actually run out on May 2 so I will get 30 days automatically on top of that so giving me till June 2? 

I read somewhere that this automatically extension is just for people who arrived after March 1... I arrived here in January ! Anyone know if it actually is for ALL foreigners or just those silly enough to arrive after March 1st? 

I, for one, will try to do my 12 month extension when it falls due in a few weeks. I would hate to be in the line at the immigration office when everyones'  30 day extensions expire at the same time! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Not approved yet.....

Guess it just came through? ????

(I do not read thai personally, hope this is the relevant order)

322554.jpg

322555.jpg

Edited by EbhB

59 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

kasikorn is 100 baht for 3 month status, 200 baht for 6 months

the bank letter to state your 400-800k for at least 2-3 months is another 100 baht

I went to the bank 3x (1time this year, 2x last year) for nothing as immigration denied an extension I had funds and other papers, but my ex-wife signature missing

and now during COVID 19 and me taking care 24/7 of my child and ex-wife 0 days per year, I am still in trouble as that monster does not want to provide me 2 documents (her id & tabien baan) so I cannot extend my visa ... and nothing I can do, not even COURT

2 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Wow but if you read carefully it's all based on the date the state of emergency being declared until. We all get until April 30th, but then must wait for another document to be signed by April 30th to give us until May 30th. Seems things still need to be made complicated.

1 hour ago, Magenta408 said:

Richard Barrow has been good to Thailand and judging by his love of the country, vice-versa. This is good and I would hope that each country has a Richard Barrow in times of need. One has to thank Mr. Prayut for doing the needful and for doing WHAT WAS RIGHT. We haven't hear much from the grand-poohbahs in their embassies sitting in their air conditioned offices helping their citizens.

US embassy for one have already officially stated the amnesty. anyone else?? any other concerns? doubts? this is done deal take it or leave ????

• Like 1