Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

webfact

11 hours ago, kotsak said:

Needless to say that I'll keep doing my 90-days reporting on time (via post) just to be on the safe side ????

how do u do that ?? I've never done it 

16 minutes ago, justin case said:

kasikorn is 100 baht for 3 month status, 200 baht for 6 months

the bank letter to state your 400-800k for at least 2-3 months is another 100 baht

I went to the bank 3x (1time this year, 2x last year) for nothing as immigration denied an extension I had funds and other papers, but my ex-wife signature missing

and now during COVID 19 and me taking care 24/7 of my child and ex-wife 0 days per year, I am still in trouble as that monster does not want to provide me 2 documents (her id & tabien baan) so I cannot extend my visa ... and nothing I can do, not even COURT

have u considered the multi o from laos or leaving the place where you clearly not feel welcome anymore? your wife left you now grow a pair ????

11 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

so what happens when the 90-day is reinforced? do we all get fined for doing it late?

Why would that happen? Don't be paranoid. The skipped 90 days reporting will probably last until April 30,then extended another 30 days if the situation hasn't improved. 

• Haha 1

From the US embassy website. Still very focused in scope.

Tourist Visas Expiring on/after March 26 Extended

The Ministry of Interior announced today that tourists (including U.S. citizens) who hold visas expiring on or after March 26 will benefit from an automatic 30-day extension.  There is no need to apply for the extension at a local immigration office.

Edited by vermin on arrival

5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

From the US embassy website. Still very focused in scope.

The Ministry of Interior announced today that tourists (including U.S. citizens) who hold visas expiring on or after March 26 will benefit from an automatic 30-day extension.  There is no need to apply for the extension at a local immigration office.

it's crystal:

permit to stay 26/mar (state of emergency commencement) or later will get amnesty to stay as long as emergency decree in place at least till 30apr thus who have overstayed since 26th or later should also be included. only those who have overstayed prior to 26th are in trouble...

90day reports. who care but they are covered too presumedly. it makes sense its late but better than never immigration can now shut down if need be but at least close all extra/special satelite offices & wave goodbye to chaos for a while ???? thanks finally!

• Like 2

The following was announced by the US Embassy today:

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand (April 8, 2020)

Event:  Automatic Extension of Tourist Visas; Transportation Out of Thailand; Flight Options from Phuket; Suspension of All Passport Services, Except Emergency Passports

The Ministry of Interior announced today that tourists (including U.S. citizens) who hold visas expiring on or after March 26 will benefit from an automatic 30-day extension.  There is no need to apply for the extension at a local immigration office.

saw that earlier but it mentions nothing about 90 days report, mine is due in about two weeks.

I don't have issues to go do it but would rather not, hopefully will be sorted (and confirmed) before then.

So after going to that huge temp place today in Muang Thong Thani, and standing in line for this and that and ending up with nothing except, "You have to go to the other place tomarrow and need to be there by 5AM to get a Number, now i don't have to go anywhere or fill out all the forms I was given today for a Tourist extention, and after "just" finishing reading all 17 pages on Thaivisa, i can stay home tomarrow? What about the 1900tb? When or where do we pay that?  I have been here 10 yrs, but my wife died 2 yrs ago, and i have been doing the Tourist stamp thing, because cannot geta yearly VISA at this point. Thankyou in advance...

42 minutes ago, ziky said:
12 hours ago, kotsak said:

Needless to say that I'll keep doing my 90-days reporting on time (via post) just to be on the safe side ????

how do u do that ?? I've never done it 

35 minutes ago, worldfun said:

I'm not US so haven't got the email, but this should be good enough for now:

And now the few who where blaming this man as a blogger with non solid news …., can bite their tong because their sour remarks , he brought the under consideration news in good hope  and it  is confirmed now . 

Thanks Richard Barrow  you made many people happy with the pre -news ????

Edited by david555

43 minutes ago, worldfun said:

have u considered the multi o from laos or leaving the place where you clearly not feel welcome anymore? your wife left you now grow a pair ????

lol... you problably have a wife & a maid to do everything for you

been living here with my child and doing everything without my ex-wife

cook, clean, school, clothes, immigration, banks ...

so what do I need to grow exactly ?

borders are closed, internal flights might be shut too soon

leave the place, ah lol... funny ...ex does not allow child to leave country

you know, rules & regulations not being able to bring your child out of the country without consent

I guess you never dealt with anything above and come to tell me or others to grow a pair

looool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

He is saying you need to show 12 separate months of minimum 65,000bht per month deposits. 3 pages of complete drafts of all transactions in account, cross-referenced with original bank book pages, copied as well for a cost. They give u first 3 months free so u only pay 4500 bht. Takes minumin 7 days to clear bkk main office as the local branches will print the 36 plus pages, 3 pages per month of all transactions for the year. If u want quicker than 7 days, u pay more and the branch worker can make it happen.

Kasikorn!

Sounds as though his transfers weren't coded International so had to request credit advice receipts for the previous 12 months. He could order them to be posted each month for each transfer free.

He only needs to request a 12 month statement of International transfers from the HQ.

Copying of Passbook pages and other copies he could have done himself.

He was screwed because of own ignorance.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I believe this covers visa exempt, tourist visas, VoA and visa waiver people correct?

As per Barry it covers 'everyone' i.e. non imm./voa/exempt/tourist/etc nobody needs to go and extend but if you normally extend 1 year visa obviously you may not be happy with just couple months & possibly get your extension history 'broken' but then again its free ~1-2 months amnesty why not take it it may never happen again ever? ????

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

So after going to that huge temp place today in Muang Thong Thani, and standing in line for this and that and ending up with nothing except, "You have to go to the other place tomarrow and need to be there by 5AM to get a Number, now i don't have to go anywhere or fill out all the forms I was given today for a Tourist extention, and after "just" finishing reading all 17 pages on Thaivisa, i can stay home tomarrow? What about the 1900tb? When or where do we pay that?  I have been here 10 yrs, but my wife died 2 yrs ago, and i have been doing the Tourist stamp thing, because cannot geta yearly VISA at this point. Thankyou in advance...

I wish my ex-wife was DEAD, that would solve 99 percent of my problems, 100 percent immigration problems

but satanic monsters live old age torturing other people, even their own child

but sorry for your loss

since divorce, I also have to jump true loops to try to STAY legally to raise my child , that I take care of ALONE as ex is gone but still messing up our lives because thai laws are in favor of ... thais

as my ex does not have 2 hours PER YEAR to spent with child/me at immigration to sign 3 papers ... 

Edited by justin case
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, justin case said:

lol... you problably have a wife & a maid to do everything for you

been living here with my child and doing everything without my ex-wife

cook, clean, school, clothes, immigration, banks ...

so what do I need to grow exactly ?

borders are closed, internal flights might be shut too soon

leave the place, ah lol... funny ...ex does not allow child to leave country

you know, rules & regulations not being able to bring your child out of the country without consent

I guess you never dealt with anything above and come to tell me or others to grow a pair

looool

Lol yeah I've been there done it & got fed up so now I'm doing it my way & still whining like a spoiled kid ???? Finally I may actually leave at long last, least most of the time until i'm ready (old enough) to retire perhaps 

Edited by worldfun

This is good news but people still whining about!

Sure there are many questions on this and that,         

depending on different visas, but it`s a start, at last!

Stay cool and safe out there!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, justin case said:

I wish my ex-wife was DEAD, that would solve 99 percent of my problems, 100 percent immigration problems

but satanic monsters live old age torturing other people, even their own child

but sorry for your loss

since divorce, I also have to jump true loops to try to STAY legally to raise my child , that I take care of ALONE as ex is gone but still messing up our lives because thai laws are in favor of ... thais

as my ex does not have 2 hours PER YEAR to spent with child/me at immigration to sign 3 papers ... 

I thought Thailand was for the man..the Thai man, who can have multible wives and GF's. 

Thanks for answering some of my questions. Oh, wait, you didn't....

Don't let this thing eat you up, there has to be something you can do. 

This was my 2nd Thai wife of 8 yrs, the 1st (in the USA) was 7 yrs, before her and her money hungry sisters (living in Las Vegas) decided to devorce me and walk away with a cool $180,000..I fought them down from $780,000.

I'm sleeping in tomarrow!  haha

53 minutes ago, kekalot said:

saw that earlier but it mentions nothing about 90 days report, mine is due in about two weeks.

I don't have issues to go do it but would rather not, hopefully will be sorted (and confirmed) before then.

Immigration have already stated to apply online or by post.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Kasikorn!

Sounds as though his transfers weren't coded International so had to request credit advice receipts for the previous 12 months. He could order them to be posted each month for each transfer free.

He only needs to request a 12 month statement of International transfers from the HQ.

Copying of Passbook pages and other copies he could have done himself.

He was screwed because of own ignorance.

Not certain of that. Here is what he was told by the immigration officer verbatim. 

1.Credit Advice/ receit
This is a 3 page report of international wire transfer. Kasikorn prints this transaction out, 3 pages x 12 months. It provides tax ID. in usa

Transaction reference or my USA bank address.

Confirmation that my USA bank sent a minimum 65000bht to kasikorn Bank. It shows ordering customer or me and address in Thailand. Principle sent, commission, domestic fee transfer, lease line charges, total wire fee. Authorized by kas. Bank, the amount, rate I received, and origination of wire. Comes with bank stamp, x 12 months at 3 pages per month printed.

2. 12 month statements of my kasikorn credits and debits for 1 full year printed out in full. Every purchase is noted for 1 year x 12 plus pages depending on activity.

3.Bank letter
1 page, confirming 12 months of a minumin 65000 bht per month, every month of year, prior to applying for 1 year retirement visa. It shows yearly gross deposit, easy for immigration officer to cross reference all forms that figures add up to the minimum within time frame.

4. Update balance
Copies of entire bank book from records of kasikorn accounts, another 12 months of my complete year of processed accounts, debits, credits, etc.

Kasikorn printed me 3 free months, for free up front, normally 5000 bht for 12 months of credit advice, 9 months only 4500 bht. Pay up front, then hope 7 days later, I come back to kasikorn to sign nearly 60+ pages of documents at kasikorn.

An extra 200 bht for bank letter. Also had to copy and print passport pages at a fee? Once total 4500 bht fee was payed, the Hua hin branch would send or call the main branch in Bangkok that funds are payed. Then Kasikorn bank in bkk authorizes the extra 9 months to be printed at Hua Hin. This time takes 7 days. In my case I had only 3 days left before my visa expired. 

So the PM has signed the proposed measure. Any idea yet what is involved?

I presented my wife with the Thai text, but not surprisingly it is in theThai version of obfuscucianism.

On a more specific note will TM 30 reporting be affected? We went straight into 14 day isolation and couldn't seem to make the online reporting work on our cell phones. (We are both old by Thai standards????????).

47 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

At long last - Anutin and his cronies should have done this many days ago. If there is continued spread of the virus through overcrowding, blame him and Immigration, not the dirty westerners!!

From post  #266

????‍♂️ Aliens who are due for 90 days reports between 26th of March 2020 and 30th of April 2020 are temporarily exempted from reporting in this period until further notice.

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1