Covid-19: Hundreds flood into Udon immigration - no virus prevention measures at all

webfact

I do feel for those guys, however, I went to Makro in my city on Monday, I didn’t see any westerners. There were no markings on the floor, but everyone queued up leaving 1-3m gaps, people were sensible waiting for people to leave freezers or shelves before approaching. There was no signs, no one told anyone what to do .. but everyone just did it.

Did no one there have enough sense no to sit so close? or the balls to turn around to a person behind and ask them to stand so close.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

But the authorities continue to drag their collective feet creating an opportunity for the virus to spread, say critics.

And creating an opportunity to make thousands of baht before common sense prevails.

It's about time some of our collective embassies started openly criticising the immigration fiasco on behalf of it's mis-treated citizens!!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

So none of these people made any effort to distance themselves? Do they have to be told before they do it?

Prevention methods can be practised without needing shouty people in uniforms or bits of tape on the floor.

Unless these people were instructed to crowd together - something not mentioned at all in the OP - it is down to them.

This is part what I wrote (#54) on the thread titled; 

Infections will skyrocket without social distancing, says official

'This is good I thought...Then it all falls apart...Suddenly I get called by an IO and he beckons me to the counter. Now I have to stand in between the two still being served...and it gets worse. He takes my required documents, sorts out those he wants to keep and promptly hands back the remainder slapping them down right on top of the papers already on the counter belonging to man still being served on my right.

The man on my right is served and walks out almost stepping on my feet as he does so.

I'm told to sit at the counter...'

And that was at the Udorn IO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was at Udon immigration a week ago and it was fine. Outside, 5 people were sitting only in alternate chairs, and were only admitted when an officer was free inside. They checked your temperature, before you were allowed inside, putting a sticker on you, and handgel on the desks. For 90 day report a chair was placed a metre away from the desk, so giving a social distance of nearly 2 metres. Only 3 couples inside for extensions.

I suspect there was a mad rush because of the holiday, announcement  of the curfew a couple of days before and panic setting in.

I guess the staff could have made all the extra people stand outside in the sun .....

So i have to say I think Immigration in Udon are doing the best they can, considering the lack of proactive help (no online or automatic extensions) from Bangkok.

4 hours ago, TKDfella said:

This is part what I wrote (#54) on the thread titled; 

Infections will skyrocket without social distancing, says official

'This is good I thought...Then it all falls apart...Suddenly I get called by an IO and he beckons me to the counter. Now I have to stand in between the two still being served...and it gets worse. He takes my required documents, sorts out those he wants to keep and promptly hands back the remainder slapping them down right on top of the papers already on the counter belonging to man still being served on my right.

The man on my right is served and walks out almost stepping on my feet as he does so.

I'm told to sit at the counter...'

And that was at the Udorn IO.

Aways the same in there.. No Privacy at all.