Covid-19: Foreigners spit on the sidewalk after being denied entry to convenience store for not wearing masks

webfact

43 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

BTW seeing TV footage of USA, UK I don't see anyone wearing masks at all.

What too many tourists don't understand, when on holiday, is that what you do at home, is irrelevant elsewhere. 

Too bad the local moto-mafia wasn't sitting out front.  

59 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Redhead just gave an OK to wear in USA I gather - they do not have enough for medical workers currently - my sister has a fabric dying business but is currently making masks for her local hospital and doctors in rural Oklahoma.  

Yes...Mainly that about not having enough for frontliners

I see the same in places like Belgium where the locals are just trying to stay home & do not use masks because they feel it is more needed by hospital workers etc

Edited by meechai

7 minutes ago, justin case said:

I have been to china and they even spit on the RESTAURANT floor

anybody have luck to find n95 masks? sold out where I live the last 2 months

pharmacy is asking to use mask , but they don't sell any

lol

There are lots of cloth mask available, it will do temporarily. No need to use N95 mask.

Try online buying for N95 mask.

I use cloth mask and don't have problems entering 7-11

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lust said:

There was a Thai guy running just outside lumpini park with no face mask just spitting all over the sidewalk. Does Manager Online want to do a story on this?

netizens arent  interested in  this as  its  most  certainly fake  news????

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

"large water truck to hose down the area"

The Chinese have been known to do more than spit!

Thais going to call them out?

Tend to agree with you there, couldn't have been Chinese as they would have taken a dump on the sidewalk.

• Haha 2

Wait a minute -  there is some wrong translation here. 

I've just read the original article and it doesn't say "despicable foreigners" ANYWHERE.

The headline says "resentful foreigners".

Could it be foreigners that are actually trying to stir things up here to encourage Thai bashing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Hardly compares with all the Thais pissing in a little but popular,not too popular anymore,soi in central pattaya,impossible to walk through there any more cause of the putrid stench

or  the  disgusting burning  everywhere  thats  totally  ignored

1 hour ago, jadee said:

A few weeks ago, I got sick of being stared at for not wearing a mask, then going to a pharmacy and being told - "no have".

if you had been Thai I bet there would have been a different response 

I have it on good authority that they are purposely withholding masks and sell to Thai only 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Here we go again. No mention of where these people were from, just the generic foreigner term used, so could have been from Cambodia or anywhere. Spitting on the floor at this time is pretty dumb, but the reaction seems to be excessive. There seems to be the mistaken belief that masks will save them all, and those without are deliberately trying to infect everyone else. And every excuse to have a dig at foreigners has no shortage of Thais, many of whom also spit on the floor, ready to unload their hatred.

It is disgusting behaviour under any circumstances, but common in too many countries.

I am old enough to recall signs on foothpaths, walls and on public transport stating "Expectoring is Forbidden" .

• Like 2

We (us farrangs) are guests in Thailand, we had to respect the rules here, wearing facemask and show a good behavior.

Farrangs who can not find out that, is making bad to all of us farrangs living here.

To farrangs who wants be dirty pigs: Go home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, finnsk said:

We (us farrangs) are guests in Thailand, we had to respect the rules here, wearing facemask and show a good behavior.

Farrangs who can not find out that, is making bad to all of us farrangs living here.

To farrangs who wants be dirty pigs: Go home.

Is wearing a face mask a rule?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Is wearing a face mask a rule?

Not it's not.

I went into a shop close to where I live, no mask, the saleswoman, young girl, was also not wearing a mask. Was served with no issues.

There is no law in Thailand mandating wearing a mask. Only some shops and some areas have made it a rule, purely on their own misunderstanding of medicine.

There should be a boycott of all stores who refuse to serve anyone. I would certainly not spend my money in some place where they refuse service for any reason.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Wait a minute -  there is some wrong translation here. 

I've just read the original article and it doesn't say "despicable foreigners" ANYWHERE.

The headline says "resentful foreigners".

Could it be foreigners that are actually trying to stir things up here to encourage Thai bashing?

ha ha - I often laugh at the interpretation of Thai to English - there is actually no direct translation - you need further interpretation to get some sort of meaning out of Thai to English - I have a friend who speaks and reads Thai fluently and he often translates with - well the general meaning is this - so he is only able to summarise the meaning using key words  

I havent seen the report of the thai guy spitting on people at the train station and rubbing up against them.

Are the headlines just to make foreigners the bad guys or what?

Edited by jimmjam
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

if you had been Thai I bet there would have been a different response 

I have it on good authority that they are purposely withholding masks and sell to Thai only 

Same here where I live keeping them for locals

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

ha ha - I often laugh at the interpretation of Thai to English - there is actually no direct translation - you need further interpretation to get some sort of meaning out of Thai to English - I have a friend who speaks and reads Thai fluently and he often translates with - well the general meaning is this - so he is only able to summarise the meaning using key words  

Yes, I understand as I've done a lot of translation work.

But in this case how can a translator confuse "despicable" with "resentful"?