Covid-19: Foreigners spit on the sidewalk after being denied entry to convenience store for not wearing masks

webfact

5 minutes ago, Logosone said:

There is no "The rule".

The governor of Prachuap province has made it a rule, 20k baht fine if caught without a mask. They have had a 7pm to 7am curfew for over a week as well.

55 minutes ago, Logosone said:

There is no "The rule".

There is a smattering of shop keepers and specific areas that have made wearing a mask mandatory. There is no rule in Thai law at a state level that requires anyone to wear a mask.

The problem comes from a group of hostile Thais who are trying to impose their beliefs on other people. And I stress "belief" because it is not scientifically evidenced that wearing a mask protects another.

https://www.zeit.de/video/2020-04/6146842881001/behelfsmasken-keine-wissenschaftlichen-belege-fuer-fremdschutz

it's their shop, right?  if they require a mask to enter, respect their wishes or shop someplace else.

when a fancy restaurant posts a sign sayin' "no shirt, no shoes, no service", that's not a national rule, but it is the shop's rule.  surely you wouldn't enter naked and demand to be served.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Worst habit I see is locals holding 1 nostril closed with their finger and blowing snot out the open nostril ...just saying..

I think most football (soccer) players around the world is doing that 20 times pr match.

And even some nasty guys do that, when their loved ones are not turned on before the act -

It's called a "Semi Angry Dragon" ????

7 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Can we have a nationality or is that to sensitive ? I have seen plenty of Chinese spitting just saying

i am pretty sure Chinese tourists would apply with a request to wear a facemaski nside a shop, and would NOT get angry and spit all overthe place outside.

This is so typical farang behaviour, zero understanding getting angry and childish retaliation. (spitting in front of the shop)

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

it's their shop, right?  if they require a mask to enter, respect their wishes or shop someplace else.

when a fancy restaurant posts a sign sayin' "no shirt, no shoes, no service", that's not a national rule, but it is the shop's rule.  surely you wouldn't enter naked and demand to be served.

Business owners are not Gods, and they are not above the law. They cannot just refuse service to anyone, in the civilized world anyway:

Two Christian guesthouse owners who refused to allow a gay couple to stay in a double room have lost their appeal against a ruling they acted unlawfully. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-15811223

Since there is no law in Thailand to wear face masks, at a national level, the shop owners should comply with the law and serve non-mask wearers. If they don't, I certainly will make sure to take a note and boycott their businesses. No honey, no money.

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

Business owners are not Gods, and they are not above the law. They cannot just refuse service to anyone, in the civilized world anyway:

Two Christian guesthouse owners who refused to allow a gay couple to stay in a double room have lost their appeal against a ruling they acted unlawfully. 

Since there is no law in Thailand to wear face masks, at a national level, the shop owners should comply with the law and serve non-mask wearers. If they don't, I certainly will make sure to take a note and boycott their businesses. No honey, no money.

1.  uk law does not apply to thailand.  link to bbc is irrelevant.

2.  wearing of masks is a choice.  we are told being gay is not.

9 minutes ago, Logosone said:

As the owner of a business in Thailand we have the legal right to establish any rules we like for people to enter our establishment and if you try to enter without abiding by those requirements then we can legally refuse to allow you entry also as a business owner in Australia I also have the legal right to refuse you entry and refuse you service if you do not abide by the rules laid down in my shop.

Business owners are gods in their own business and it is the stupid person that thinks that they can just come and dictate to the business owner what they can and cannot do as far as who can enter their business. Go try wearing a helmet in a bank in Australia and see what happens to you pl;us there are many other businesses have the same rules.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Business owners are gods in their own business and it is the stupid person that thinks that they can just come and dictate to the business owner what they can and cannot do as far as who can enter their business. Go try wearing a helmet in a bank in Australia and see what happens to you pl;us there are many other businesses have the same rules.

No, you are not Gods. You still have to abide by the laws of the country.

But if you start to come at me with a God-complex telling me what I should do, I certainly will not buy anything in your business. And I will make sure to tell all my friends not to buy at your place.

So let's see how your divine powers fare against market forces.

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

And I stress "belief" because it is not scientifically evidenced that wearing a mask protects another.

https://www.zeit.de/video/2020-04/6146842881001/behelfsmasken-keine-wissenschaftlichen-belege-fuer-fremdschutz

Nonsens!!! It give for sure two researchs about it and they find out MASKS HELP!!!

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258525804_Testing_the_Efficacy_of_Homemade_Masks_Would_They_Protect_in_an_Influenza_Pandemic

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

No, you are not Gods. You still have to abide by the laws of the country.

But if you start to come at me with a God-complex telling me what I should do, I certainly will not buy anything in your business. And I will make sure to tell all my friends not to buy at your place.

So let's see how your divine powers fare against market forces.

Fine, that means that I will not have to worry about having you removed from my business. Very vindictive and childish attitude. Good Bye

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Fine, that means that I will not have to worry about having you removed from my business. Very vindictive and childish attitude. Good Bye

Vindictive and childish attitude is when shop owners think they can tell you what you should put on your face, and then try to prevent you from coming in their store. You can hardly complain if people retaliate and refuse to shop at your store, if you act that way in a crisis. Very selfish, childish and vindictive. 

Plenty of wonderful stores which do not require a mask. It's not like we're forced to shop at stores where the owners think they're God.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lust said:

There was a Thai guy running just outside lumpini park with no face mask just spitting all over the sidewalk. Does Manager Online want to do a story on this?

How lucky that you managed to take the focus away from the foreigners and once again put it on the Thai population. You should feel ashamed! Do you have a picture of the guy spitting or maybe a video? The Thais reacting to this have all the right i the world. It´s their country and you are a guest. Never forget that.

23 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Vindictive and childish attitude is when shop owners think they can tell you what you should put on your face, and then try to prevent you from coming in their store. You can hardly complain if people retaliate and refuse to shop at your store, if you act that way in a crisis. Very selfish, childish and vindictive. 

Plenty of wonderful stores which do not require a mask. It's not like we're forced to shop at stores where the owners think they're God.

I've been in non name stores that have the "Must wear Mask" sign. Nobody complains.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

How lucky that you managed to take the focus away from the foreigners and once again put it on the Thai population. You should feel ashamed! Do you have a picture of the guy spitting or maybe a video? The Thais reacting to this have all the right i the world. It´s their country and you are a guest. Never forget that.

Are all the Thais living in your country "guests"?

Do people in your country have the all the right in the world to tell Asians immigrants what to do?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do people in your country have the all the right in the world to tell Asians immigrants what to do?

Yes they do! . 

not only Asian but all immigrants it is called the legal system, and anyone intentionally endangering  the public health is subject to prosecution. 

It is called the legal system, immigration law, and common human decency 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yes they do! . 

not only Asian but all immigrants it is called the legal system, and anyone intentionally endangering  the public health is subject to prosecution. 

It is called the legal system, immigration law, and common human decency 

I think I was asking someone else. But anyway, really? What country is this where Asian immigrants are told that they are guests and have no rights like the hosts?

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think I was asking someone else. But anyway, really? What country is this where Asian immigrants are told that they are guests and have no rights like the hosts?

Every country I know of, and Not Asian, but all immigrants regardless of their race. 

Their hosts are citizens and as such have more rights that immigrants , that much should be obvious. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As long as you are not a citizen of a country, you will always be considered as a guest in legal view. So, then that was settled.

Regarding telling people what to to, that will be totally irrelevant. Here we are talking about people that can be classified as engaging in an uncivilized animalistic behaviour. In that case the legal citizens of a country shall be allowed to tell such persons what to do.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Every country I know of, and Not Asian, but all immigrants regardless of their race. 

Their hosts are citizens and as such have more rights that immigrants , that much should be obvious. 

20% of immigrants worldwide are citizens. How can you tell which ones are and which ones aren't?

I would be put in jail if I went to the Indian corner shop and told the family that they are only guests and I have "all the right in the world" to complain about something they are doing.