Covid-19: Foreigners spit on the sidewalk after being denied entry to convenience store for not wearing masks

webfact

Posts continuing to spread disinformation spreading fear mongering information have been removed as per the following extract from the UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

Some other troll posts and replies have been removed.

35 minutes ago, Logosone said:

And that's exactly the problem, all the people who don't complain and just accept this mask hysteria.

That is why the mask hysteria is taking such dangerous form, as we saw with this Thai facebook site that calls for foreigners to be physically attacked when they don't wear a mask.

All the defenders of such actions share responsibility for the extreme effects of mask hysteria.

People should complain and refuse to wear a mask. I know I will.

Too many other things to worry about. After you wear one a few times you forget about it. Just not a big deal and you make other folks more comfortable.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

20% of immigrants worldwide are citizens. How can you tell which ones are and which ones aren't?

I would be put in jail if I went to the Indian corner shop and told the family that they are only guests and I have "all the right in the world" to complain about something they are doing.

Now you are arguing just for the sake of arguing.  

I hope the spitters are found, identified and charged for their disgusting behavior,

right after a lot of Thais who do this behavior are also caught and charged.  The 2 tier

law system in Thailand is disgusting. Everybody should be treated equally.  Just

like Thais get away without wearing helmits and driving around without having

licenses.  Equality people, equality is fair.

Geezer

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

20% of immigrants worldwide are citizens. How can you tell which ones are and which ones aren't?

I would be put in jail if I went to the Indian corner shop and told the family that they are only guests and I have "all the right in the world" to complain about something they are doing.

Try Australia, most British living here are not citizen they are just permanent residents,

they have the same rights as Australian citizens.

There are some nationalities for whom spitting is quite a normal reaction when angry. I could name a few but I won't. 

I'm thankful that Brits are not in that category. We Brits get a lot of stick, but spitters we are not (generally). So if this story is true, I can almost guarantee we're in the clear ????

17 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Here we go again. No mention of where these people were from, just the generic foreigner term used, so could have been from Cambodia or anywhere. Spitting on the floor at this time is pretty dumb, but the reaction seems to be excessive. There seems to be the mistaken belief that masks will save them all, and those without are deliberately trying to infect everyone else. And every excuse to have a dig at foreigners has no shortage of Thais, many of whom also spit on the floor, ready to unload their hatred.

Maybe they were denied entry to the store because they were not carrying their passports??

Storm in a teacup.

If we consider how much stressed everybody is from this situation, i am surprised that locals and foreigners mostly behave in a civilised way.

Keep calm, stay healthy.

18 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Worst habit I see is locals holding 1 nostril closed with their finger and blowing snot out the open nostril ...just saying..

Ah, the "Farmer's Hankerchief".. Permissible in an open field, perhaps..

No actual photos of the spitting "foreigners" from the link in the OP.. Sounds like the very insular Thai press and psyche are just pointing fingers again, tbh.

On 4/8/2020 at 9:09 AM, BobBKK said:

If true it's moronic behaviour but I see Thais daily spitting on the floor. Never seen a farang do that yet but if they did round them up and deport them.  BTW seeing TV footage of USA, UK I don't see anyone wearing masks at all.

Yes, many in USA, UK not wearing ... and the numbers mount.

9 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Try Australia, most British living here are not citizen they are just permanent residents,

they have the same rights as Australian citizens.

Hmm, my sister, from Scotland is an Oz citizen.

Can Permanent Residents vote?

2 hours ago, huangnon said:

Ah, the "Farmer's Hankerchief".. Permissible in an open field, perhaps..

No actual photos of the spitting "foreigners" from the link in the OP.. Sounds like the very insular Thai press and psyche are just pointing fingers again, tbh.

When I went to India I saw this a lot. They convinced me however that ot was more hygienic that me blowing my nose onto a handkerchief and putting it back into my pocket. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Hmm, my sister, from Scotland is an Oz citizen.

Can Permanent Residents vote?

you have to be citizen to vote but apart from that you have the same

rights. A friend of mine is from England and lives her most of his life

has his own house,business.

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

you have to be citizen to vote but apart from that you have the same

rights. A friend of mine is from England and lives her most of his life

has his own house,business.

Have to get re-entry approved before they leave or risk BorderForce doong a number on them , my former partner had that experience several hours to sort it out 

39 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Have to get re-entry approved before they leave or risk BorderForce doong a number on them , my former partner had that experience several hours to sort it out 

Yes that is correct the PR last for 5 years ? But you only need to get a new one if

you travel overseas.

On 4/8/2020 at 9:09 AM, BobBKK said:

UK I don't see anyone wearing masks at all.

In Thailand we are only wearing a mask to fit in so the locals don't get over excited about it. If they said you now have to wear a banana on your head we would comply with that too (Caveat, masks are beneficial if someone has symptoms. The masks generally available i.e. cotton ones are ineffective, but wear them and stop talking sense)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1