Question about extending....

Hi everyone...I have a quick question. 

My daughter is 19, and holds a US Passport. She came to Thailand to visit my husband and I, and entered Thailand on a visa exempt on March 7th. 

She was permitted to stay until April 5th. However, on March 30th we extended that visa at Chiang Mai Immigration for an additional 30 days, which now allows her to stay until May 5th. 

My question is ~ Do you think Thai Immigration would extend that yet again, due to the virus, or will she most definitely be required to leave? 

Thank you for your time, and I am sorry if this has already been answered...I am a bit new to the board. 

Thanks so very much Ubonjoe...I emailed The US Consulate in Chiang Mai this morning, and have already received a letter back for Thai Immigration. If any US Citizens are in the Chiang Mai area, and are needing a letter for an extension, the email address to request one is [email protected].

This applies only to U.S. citizens in the Chiang Mai Consular District (Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaengphet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Petchabun, Phayao, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, and Uttaradit). If you live outside of the Chiang Mai Consular District then you should email the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok at [email protected].

For the letter you will need to provide;

• your full name as it appears in your passport
  • your date of birth
  • your U.S. passport number

• Thanks 2

My parents just went to CNX Immigration this morning.  They had the letter from the US Consulate and got their extension in 5 minutes in/out.   They were supposed to go to Savannakhet for a longer visa, but obviously that route is closed right now.  

They said CNX Immigration was painless.  They already had 2 land crossings this year and a 30 day extension prior to the virus causing issues.

Note:  They got a 20 day extension and on Day 18 they need to go get another 10 days for a total of 30.  At least that is what Immigration told them.

It seems like the PM has already signed the amnesty for foreigners and 30 days extensions will be issued automatically and be valid until April 30. No need for embassy letters or visits to immigration offices. It hasn't been announced yet as far as I know. 

Just now, Max69xl said:

It seems like the PM has already signed the amnesty for foreigners and 30 days extensions will be issued automatically and be valid until April 30. No need for embassy letters or visits to immigration offices. It hasn't been announced yet as far as I know. 

I got the same info from the US Embassy .. After my parents paid for an extension of course.  Lol

19 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I suggest you look at this topic.

I Entered Thailand on February 17, 2020 and recieved a visa exempt stamp. I extended this visa on March 17 for 30 days. I already went to immigration on March 30 with the embassy letter and was given stamp saying "application of stay is under consideration" come back in 20 days. Does the automatic extension apply to me?..so instead of going back, I just follow the new amnesty guidlines?