Return to "normal"...

5 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Vaccine for sexually transmitted diseases? i think the natural vaccine is how you behave and protect yourself. Anyway for HIV you can now live a normal life if you take the appropriate medication. The days when you died in in pain with your immune system trashed are gone. 

the vaccine for covid 19 is estimated another 12 months. It is getting ready for testing stages now.

good luck, be safe.

That's not correct. If you research this you will find that an estimate of 18 months is the CONSENSUS opinion and that is considered on the optimistic side. There is no point in launching a vaccine to the entire world that doesn't work and isn't safe. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thailand said:

The PTB will be seeking the tourist dollar or whatever at the earliest possible opportunity.

Not back to normal.don't think we will see that for along time, but open for business July,possibly earlier.

Too much pressure from the elites etc loosing money. 

Why not? 30 deaths is nothing compared to other causes.

3 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

When people wake up and figure out this is just another 911 brought  to you by those who think they have the divine right to rule everyone and own anything including peoples well being. 

I'm sure the over 2000 people that died yesterday in the U.S. of Covid (which is surely an undercount do to limited testing and people just dying at home) would be curious to hear about your tin foil hat conspiracy theory. But they can't. They are DEAD. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

That's not correct. If you research this you will find that an estimate of 18 months is the CONSENSUS opinion and that is considered on the optimistic side. There is no point in launching a vaccine to the entire world that doesn't work and isn't safe. 

If TB vaccine works for 90% of people it will be mass produced in 3 months. No vaccine is ever 100% effective.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I'm sure the over 2000 people that died yesterday in the U.S. would be curious to hear about your tin foil hat conspiracy theory. But they can't. They are DEAD. 

It does look suss. WHO giving bad advice. China cover ups.

Something fishy about it.

• Like 1

It depends on whether one is considering coronavirus itself, a worldwide recession caused by it, or the actions of individual governments to protect their citizens and their economies. How long is a piece of string?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

True, year to date over 4,000 deaths and 200,000 plus injuries on the roads.

Exactly. If these drug trials find TB or other drugs save 90% of people lets open up.

Flus kill 500k a year no lockdown.

Depends  where you are. Sweden has had a pretty normal life throughout this entire pandemic. Austria has announced it is opening up again by Easter. Germany has already penned a paper discussing when to open up for business.

For the rest May/June could be possible.

• Like 1

They need to relax the restrictions slowly.

I think what is now will be the same thru May.

Then, restaurants open in June with strict distancing.

July or August, the entertainment venues will open.

September the tourists will start arriving again with some restrictions.

By, Nov/Dec. full on tourism will return.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

More lies!

It is much more contagious than seasonal flu.

Overall stats so far show a much higher fatality rate than the usual seasonal flu (flus like 1918 excepted.

Yes of course the elderly and people with certain conditions have a higher risk of death.

You have the compassion of a paper clip. 

you mean 0.2 percent instead of the 0.1 ?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

18 months is vaccine PR

how many vaccine's are there against STD ?

against AIDS / HIV ?

against CANCER ?

how good is the flu working ?

why are vaccines working much less after 65 ?

IMMUNE SENESCENCE

Immune senescence, or the aging of the immune system, particularly its effect on changes in lymphocyte development and function, predisposes older adults to a higher risk of latent virus reactivation.

old people have weaker immune system

and more chronic (low) inflammation diseases

so they cannot fight as strong as the young

this is not 1918 pandemic flu.... the old are dying

barely the young

and nobody will give the medical history of the young that died (diabetes, cancer, multiple chemicals, high antibiotics intake, <deleted>ty diet...)

Edited by justin case
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

When do you think we will be back to "normal" ?? Just guesses will do.... 

There is obviously going to be a certain time frame for easing of restrictions.

When do you think unrestricted international travel will be available again ??

Must be soon as I just watched a video of China factories getting into production making all the necessary health stuff the rest of the world needs. Amazing how both Beijing and Shanghai had less than 500 reported cases in each city.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Depends  where you are. Sweden has had a pretty normal life throughout this entire pandemic. Austria has announced it is opening up again by Easter. Germany has already penned a paper discussing when to open up for business.

For the rest May/June could be possible.

Smart Swedes. They didnt trash the eco for nothing.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You cant catch a road death, they are not contagious and the number doesn't increase exponentially, doubling every 7 days

1.25m a year. Over 10m last decade.

Corona? Less than 100k.

In high TB vaccine countries very low deaths. Exclude the sick tiny no of deaths.

About 2k died excluding the above.

My guess is that Thailand will go into a NEW normal once its big brothers from the North (Japan, China and Korea) will be fully back in business. 

Thailand cannot afford to miss this train, but it has also no reason to stand alone, waiting on the platform. 

If school restart early July, some restrictions will be removed to let small businesses and shops reopen... after all students need to be able to buy clothes and other stuff. 

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

I know of no one who able to look into the future without the aid of a tinfoil hat. Such requests are pointless except to feed the appetites of TVF magical soothsayers.

They've been saying a lot of sooth today.

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

think that the tourism industry is going to be a pale shadow of what it formerly was here. 

Should be good. Far too many tourists before. Chinese tourists ruined Krabi. Worth going again.

• Like 1

Sadly, the world we knew without Corona virus no longer exists and we can never go back to it.  Normal will probably be carrying a covid-19 vaccination certificate in the passport to go on holiday if and when a vaccine becomes available.   I am bracing for countries to flip flop between loosening restrictions when they think they have it under control, only to go back into lockdown once it re-emerges again for the next 12-18 months.  

• Like 1

i dont think  many countries will take many years to return to the so called "normal".

for those of us that like a weekly visit or annual holiday in pattaya-- im very very sure that the girly bar scene, will ever be the same...so many bars will close..for good..

im just hoping that there is a correction in fees for these girls--they have got quite expensive over past few years, also beer prices need to drop, expecially in bkk.

thai people need to realise that expats have far less money now,that there will be hugely less tourists for many years to come...

somehow, i dont think thai people will wake up to this--do their usual trick-just increase their prices--then, they will get even less tourists.

for me-- im happy to stay--for time being...

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

Sadly, the world we knew without Corona virus no longer exists and we can never go back to it.  Normal will probably be carrying a covid-19 vaccination certificate in the passport to go on holiday if and when a vaccine becomes available.   I am bracing for countries to flip flop between loosening restrictions when they think they have it under control, only to go back into lockdown once it re-emerges again for the next 12-18 months.  

They wont if they are smart. This is minor. In 3 years nobody will care.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

They wont if they are smart. This is minor. In 3 years nobody will care.

Is that when the next novel coronavirus will start?

This isn't the first new coronavirus and it won't be the last. Viruses are like that...

3-6 months: All restrictions lifted in Thailand and life gets pretty much back to normal within the country (discounting the lack of international tourists), unless new outbreaks in Covid appear.

6-18 months: Some international travel restrictions lifted. This will depend on how different countries deal with Covid. For ex., if Singapore and Thailand (or Germany and Thailand, etc.) both agree that each country has suppressed Covid enough, then they might allow unrestricted travel to and from one another. However, I think it's going to take countries like the US up to 18 months (or until mass vaccination) for many countries to trust that people coming from there are safe. So restrictions like needing a Covid-free certificate and needing to do quarantine upon arrival will be necessary for people coming from US to Thailand for that long, imo.

2-5 years: I expect this to be the duration of time during which international travel starts going back to normal. But I don't expect international tourism to reach pre-Covid levels for a solid 5 years. Have to take economic impacts into account. After 6-18 months of off-and-on economic shutdown, how many people are going to be able to take trips? 

• Like 1