Vet who broke curfew to treat sick animal finds himself in jail - later apologises

webfact

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

It probably sounds inhumane, but practically speaking, there are 18 other hours in the day he could have treated the animal.  Just saying....

Well in that case the same can be said for doctors and nurses. Just practically speaking that is.

• Like 1

At first when I read the title I thought it was a Veteran of the war.

Now just wait a minute I thought Vets were considered Doctors, ergo DVM, how dumb of me to even think...Maybe if I was from MD (Maryland in the US), My DL that says MD would work....lets use some common sense, a doctor of animals is a doctor.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

It probably sounds inhumane, but practically speaking, there are 18 other hours in the day he could have treated the animal.  Just saying....

The dog cant plan a time to be run over by a person with a good cause to be out during curfew

1 hour ago, manhood said:

I never understand why he apologize to the authorities that were attacked on his post he made. If it was an emergency i would have done the same!!!

He was bullied an manipulated because the authorities cant lose face.

Stupid people......thainess

• Like 2

12 hours ago, drbeach said:
22 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Same if you suffer a fall or have an emergency during the 10pm to 4am curfew. Just wait it out until after 4am, right? There are after all 18 other hours to be treated.

I seem to have hit a nerve with my rather innocuous (albeit a tad insensitive) post and I apologize.  I do understand that some animal rights activists would like animals/pets to have the same rights as humans, I get that.  But if you believe that you having a medical emergency is the same as some woman's pet poodle having a medical emergency, then we will have to agree to disagree. 

Edited by Berkshire

Vets on emergency calls should have been exempted from the curfew. Police should not have put him in jail anyway. To make matters worse he was bullied into making a grovelling apology to save the face of the idiots who did this.

Imagine if this happened in the animal loving UK.  There wold be a revolution. 

We are in exceptional times and the wording of the no-doubt rushed curfew regulations may not be wholly accurate or complete.

However, if you have people out there with the ability to think, analyse and reason, then a sensible decision would be made on the spot in interpreting the spirit of the rules. I feel a vet responding to an emergency call during curfew would not be unreasonable. 

Unfortunately, for the most part Thailand does not have those people out there....rather automatons who can read, follow instructions to the letter and are afraid/not empowered to make any decisions.

What in the UK we like to call 'jobsworths'.

Anyhow, due to the furore, at least the 'higher ups' know about this issue and may amend the regulations or pass on informal guidance that under certain circumstances vets are allowed reasonable and appropriate freedom during curfew.