Vet who broke curfew to treat sick animal finds himself in jail - later apologises

webfact

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

But if you believe that you having a medical emergency is the same as some woman's pet poodle having a medical emergency, then we will have to agree to disagree. 

Yes, I'd prefer a medical doctor to a veterinarian.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Yes, I'd prefer a medical doctor to a veterinarian.

I always understood that a vet can treat humans but a doctor can't treat animals. I assume this is because vets have to have some basic understanding of human physiology as part of their training, whereas doctors know sweet fa about animal physiology; drug dosage might be an obvious example. Anyway, pretty mean, and dotting "i"s and crossing "t"s, sticking a vet in jail. I wonder what his motivation was - compassion or money. Some animal in agony after a road accident would be very different from Aunt Agatha's cat having a tizzy.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 11:44 AM, Berkshire said:

It probably sounds inhumane, but practically speaking, there are 18 other hours in the day he could have treated the animal.  Just saying....

Probably the most stupid replay on Thaivisa to day , hope you get a heart attack to night say 01.00 under curfew time and that the people that try to get to you to save your life will be put in jail because them brake the curfew then i can say here.......... there are 18 other hours in the day he could have treated that idiot......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, engamann said:

Probably the most stupid replay on Thaivisa to day , hope you get a heart attack to night say 01.00 under curfew time and that the people that try to get to you to save your life will be put in jail because them brake the curfew then i can say here.......... there are 18 other hours in the day he could have treated that idiot......

Sigh.  I'd already replied earlier, but if you believe that a human being having a medical emergency is the same as a pet having a medical emergency, then you and I differ.  Let's have a civil debate without having to resort to insults.  Are you capable?