Covid-19: Race on to contain virus before the rainy season sets in

webfact

Covid-19: Race on to contain virus before the rainy season sets in

RAIN.jpg
File photo

Channel 7 reported that the Center for Disease Control was desperate to control the coronavirus outbreak in Thailand while it was still the hot season. 

They fear that the pandemic could get worse when the rains come - usually in May/June. 

They said that factors indicate that the virus cannot survive long outside the body in the hot weather. 

But when the rains come and the temperature drops and there is only sporadic sunlight the spread of the virus will get worse. 

In addition common flu symptoms that abound during the rainy season may be confused with Covid-19 putting extra strain on health personnel. 

The media put out a symptoms checklist showing the differences with common flu. 

Principally this is the fact that Covid-19 causes lung infections that would not be present in ordinary influenza.

Source: CH7

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-08

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

They fear that the pandemic could get worse when the rains come - usually in May/June. 

They are caught between a rock and a hard place then as we desperately need the rain to come earlier than that. Pattaya seems to be out. We have had no water in our village for some days now. Water trucks coming in filling peoples tanks, but how long will they be able to do that before they too run dry?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaiDong said:

We only get about 5 days of rain in bkk each rainy season anyway, or is that just because I sleep through most of the downpours? 

Has anybody else noticed the lack of rain in recent years? 

had plenty of downpours last season

11 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

We only get about 5 days of rain in bkk each rainy season anyway, or is that just because I sleep through most of the downpours? 

Last year was definitely lower than any of the previous years I remember. Still far more than five days though.

Although I always seem to think it gets worse around August / September in Bangkok, and not so much in May / June. 

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I think I might still be able to get to Antarctica ? 

Closed! no change there, always intrigued me as to why it is closed and never becomes an issue when territorial rights are being discussed, old Captain Byrd may have been correct!

Free and perhaps mandatory testing and treatment for everyone including westerners at all hospitals.

What percentage of the population have actually been tested ..............a tiny amount.

Stop local doctors sending people with a persistent high temp and other ailments home with a sack of paracetamol and get them tested asap.....

Especially officials and medical staff must stop focusing on westerners as main virus threats and realise hundreds of thousands of Thais have been exposed to the Chinese over the last few months.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:
The media put out a symptoms checklist showing the differences with common flu. 

Principally this is the fact that Covid-19 causes lung infections that would not be present in ordinary influenza.

It could prove useful if this check list were published in English for our benefit. Anyone know how to locate it?

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Stop local doctors sending people with a persistent high temp and other ailments home with a sack of paracetamol and get them tested asap.....

Especially officials and medical staff must stop focusing on westerners as main virus threats and realise hundreds of thousands of Thais have been exposed to the Chinese over the last few months

Do you have any evidence that this is happening?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:
46 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Do you have any evidence that this is happening?

11 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

You mean...other than that happening on every normal day in Thai- hospitals?

No I do not, I mean exactly what I said.

9 hours ago, MaiDong said:

Conspiracy theory , along with 5G .

Self isolate,  no smart phone , improve your immunity system ..555

Edited by elliss

4 hours ago, elliss said:

Conspiracy theory , along with 5G .

Self isolate,  no smart phone , improve your immunity system ..555

I made no mention of conspiracy theories, nor was my intention to imply they were the cause, I was just pointing out a basic observation. 

Are you implying it's a conspiracy?