Retirement renewal

frodo77

I will be going to CR Immigration next week to renew my 1 year extension based on retirement. Has anyone done this recently and can provide their experience.  Also confirmation of what docs are required would be appreciated. I have my letter from my Embassy to prove income. I would also expect a lot of people will be there due to this virus. Thank you.

Hi there,  I was there a week ago for the renewal. 

You have to fill in form TM7.

One passport photo to TM7. 

Paper from Embassy proof of income.

Copy of all pages in your passport (the ones with stamps ). 

I also had copy of my Yellow book.

When I came there around 10.00 there was a queue in front of the Imm office where they took my temperature. I also had to write my name, mobileno, temperature on a list and then I got queue-number. 

They had put up a couple of tents and a lot of chairs where to wait for your number. 

I got no 24 and I heard they were calling for no 12, 13 and 14 so I expected a long wait. But I only had to wait for 15 minutes and they called my number. 

Inside the Imm office with AC were only around 6-8 people waiting and all 5 stands with Imm officers were working. I had picked up my TM7 a couple of days before and had it filled in.  It took 5 minutes and my number was up. Then the Imm officer checked all my papers, he added a stamp on all oo the copies and I had to sign them once more. 

Then another wait for 10 minutes and I got my new visa stamped into my passport! 

Chiang Rai Immigration is far from the problems they have in Phuket and many other places. Very well organized and friendly staff as always. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 12:06 PM, frodo77 said:

I would also expect a lot of people will be there due to this virus.

No. Due to the "amnesty" offices are empty as rarely seen and I would be surprised if CR makes an exception.

Go before April 30, go as early as possible.
Up to 30 days before expiry of current extension is possible.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No. Due to the "amnesty" offices are empty as rarely seen and I would be surprised if CR makes an exception.

Go before April 30, go as early as possible.
Up to 30 days before expiry of current extension is possible.

I guess you did not read my post.