Huge queues filmed at Pattaya immigration

webfact

Huge queues filmed at Pattaya immigration

10.jpg
Video screenshot

A Thai woman posted a 30 second video of a huge queue stretching all around the road at Pattaya immigration this morning.

Hundreds of foreigners were queueing for visa extensions for the second day running. 

People were standing in the street a little apart but it could hardly be described as social distancing.

The scene inside the facility was revealed as crowded and chaotic yesterday.

Songkran Soychit posed the pertinent question to the authorities: "What if someone comes down with the virus as a result of this and dies?"

The post was viewed 11,000 times and shared 168 times. 

Pressure is mounting on immigration to issue automatic visa extensions to stop such irresponsible and chaotic scenes. 

But the waiting for decisive action goes on not just for tourist visa extensions but matters like 90 day address reports that many expats see as pointless anyway and particularly stupid to be enforcing at this critical time. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-08

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

"What if someone comes down with the virus as a result of this and dies?"

Excellent question. Occurred to me weeks ago when similar pictures of CW were posted.

...and DIES.

It is quite possible.

7 minutes ago, Longchop said:

Was there this morning. Joined the line at the jomtien thani hotel at 6am. Got to the entrance gate at 8am. Always amazed at the dumbo falangs every time I go immigration. There was fighting at the gate because of line jumpers, dumbo falangs holding everything up becaue they had arrived with no documents and expected immigration to have someone to prepare everything for them. <deleted> in the line in front of me yapped on an on the whole time as to what the Thais were doing wrong and how he could manage everything so much better (t shirt, shorts, no face mask,) was turned away at the gate for the third day running,  told come back tomorrow.. how many days will he line up for hours to be turned away before the penny drops??.

As always I was dressed respectfully, quietly kept to myself in the line, had all my paperwork well prepared, was admitted right away, was treated promply and very well by immigration staff, concluded my business and was out of there and eating breakfast at 9am.

If everyone were to do like you, you would have the same problem again. So the fault is still with immigration. You just been street smart.
A tourist is supposed to shop on flip flops, shorts and t-shirt actually, even that might look funny to us expats. Expecting otherwise is actually strange.
It is just what comes with tourism, curse of the spell (cow behaviour, complaining as its holiday time lost, poor clothing, hangover, shaving less etc).

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

The 3 virus deaths from yesterday are only foreigners. I don´t wonder why.

They only reported the foreign deaths as to keep the focus on the westerners.

Thais above fifty years old cause of death just usual lung failure pretty routine in Thailand no need for the expense of mass testing....save the funds for more BMW smart cars or Submarines.

• Like 1