BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand reports 111 new coronavirus cases, 3 more deaths

3 hours ago, wasabi said:

Would be helpful to know the provincial breakdown. Since there is a delayed effect to having symptoms and being tested in most cases this could be the wave that likely occurred when people fled BKK a few weeks ago.

see here: https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en

26 minutes ago, teddybeer said:

But, covidtracker only includes the official cases. That doesn't tell us what's really happening.

• Like 1

Gosh, really?

I thought they just had a sharp drop yesterday.

Here in Aranyaphret, Sa Kaeo the local hospital has declined to release any figures for the last 12 days but the hospital in Sa Kaeo releases figures most days, how many other hospitals are keeping quiet and would this affect the published daily figures?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dap said:

Gotta ask: How is it possible to have (consistently) 100+ almost every day w/o any of these folk infecting more than one other person? When will the infections exceed the 100+ (not 200) each and every day? I don't get it. Do you and if so, please explain it to me.

Monday and Tuesday were 50 and 38 new cases,  not 100+ ,nobody would know how many the infected are infecting each day but since the number of new cases presenting at hospitial is steady or falling, it would appear, isolation, shutdowns are starting to work.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SwampyThai said:

Here in Aranyaphret, Sa Kaeo the local hospital has declined to release any figures for the last 12 days but the hospital in Sa Kaeo releases figures most days, how many other hospitals are keeping quiet and would this affect the published daily figures?

In theory all the figures are reported to a central database. Whether or not a local hospital discloses their own numbers locally probably doesnt have much to do with the nationwide numbers.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just a few Questions as there is no listing, or is it a release from the tests that have been backlogged...

Or just tests that have not been done, I can't see that when the mass exodus from Bangkok etc took place every town/village in the far flung corners of Thailand were ready or even equipped with test kits.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DrTuner said:

And the number of "Probable", i.e. those that have been tested positive, but not yet confirmed by the two reference labs. It's likely a fairly large number.

If any are wondering why numbers of tests are so low should read this revealing article.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/10901/thailand-says-focused-testing-more-important-than-mass-testing-mass-testing-very-expensive/

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Gosh, really?

I thought they just had a sharp drop yesterday.

Really? How is that rationally possible when you have on average 100+ infected each day? Don't these people ever make contact with anyone else???

15 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

its not possible, the numbers have to be nonsense,,,

My best guess as well 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

its not possible, the numbers have to be nonsense,,,

I suggest read the article for the answer to the low and constant numbers as they say testing is too expensive.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/10901/thailand-says-focused-testing-more-important-than-mass-testing-mass-testing-very-expensive/

• Thanks 1