Thailand reports 111 new coronavirus cases, 3 more deaths

webfact

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The tests number that was published, 70k+ was the amount of tests not the amount of people tested, I'm not sure how many people would need two tests or if thats a requirement?

Right. We don't get to count all those extra tests to make 70k+ if the criterion still exists that a test is only a test (meaning the pos result will only get counted) if it is tested at both of the gov test centers. Those extra tests were elsewhere and the pos results aren't being officially counted. So, for example, if you go to Worldometer/covid... then you see those extra tests in the right-hand column. However, none of the pos results of those tests are included in the far left column of number of cases for Thailand. Right?

3 hours ago, nkg said:

I don't have any theory as to why temperature (and/or humidity) would affect death rates so much, but the numbers are startling.

Could be that heat/humidity place a role. I agree with Dr. Turner that your breakdown generally (other than Australia) also sorts countries generally into those with and without more robust and valid testing and reporting mechanisms. We need better data from the hot list. 

Edited by JCP108
hearing voices

18 hours ago, dinsdale said:

One has to question the last two days figures and indeed every days figures. So much for you guys who believe the figures and saw 32 as turning the corner. 

i believe the figures insomuch as there is very little testing and there are many more infected that are not tested and the local reporting of the cases and deaths of which there is not much of in the provinces, but i think they are reporting the figures they have.

35 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Could be that heat/humidity place a role. I agree with Dr. Turner that your breakdown generally (other than Australia) also sorts countries generally into those with and without more robust and valid testing and reporting mechanisms. We need better data from the hot list. 

It's true that most hotter countries don't tend to be wealthy democracies with excellent healthcare systems. And so their statistics may not seems as credible as those from Italy or Spain.

But we can't discount the 2 deaths per million statistic from Australia. Malaysia also reports 2 deaths per million. Singapore has 1 death per million.

In comparison, Spain has 316 deaths per million, Italy has 292 deaths per million, and France has 167 deaths per million.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by nkg
hot
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, dinsdale said:

No hindsight needed. Said figures were wrong, have been saying figures are wrong and more than likely will continue to say figures are wrong as should anyone with a modicum of logic or common sense. Hindsight would be Prayut saying "Maybe I should not have listened to China and the WHO."

today's figures were swayed by 42 cases returning from indonesia - NOT community spread cases

as i said, an outlier, we'll need more days data to confirm the down trend has reversed

caveat: in "imaginary make up our own figures land" all of this is mute. its a conspiracy dude, we all gonna die..coz common sense man.. :cheesy:

23 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Very likely. Could be samples over a week old. One has to wonder how many samples became too old to be viable to be tested while in the backlog. Perhaps that was the cause of the sudden backlog drop in a day from 7k to 2k immediately before they completely deleted the numbers from the reports.

No...No...Make no mistake...It was the implementation of the curfew that caused the drop...The virus only works after 10pm and goes home at 5am...Didn't you know that???

• Haha 1