Chonburi Immigration opens new temporary office in Pattaya

webfact

Chonburi Immigration opens new temporary office in Pattaya

RichardBarrow.jpg

Picture @RichardBarrow

Chonburi Immigration will open a new temporary office in Pattaya on Thursday.

The new office will be located at Pattaya 7 School.

The office is for those who need a an extension of stay due to COVID-19, Richard Barrow tweeted.

The opening of the new office comes after hundreds of foreigners were pictured outside Pattaya Immigration office for second day, sparking fears among locals about a lack of social distancing.

Richard Barrow also shared a map to the new location.

EVDm-qZUcAIc5NJ.jpeg

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-08

However, this is within the closure area in Pattaya.  As only Thais with a special ID are supposed to pass checkpoints, does anybody know what the rules will be for foreigners needing to go to this immigration?  (Or have I misunderstood the closure conditions)?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

this too obvious for the officials?

Its been obvious to me that they needed much larger premises ever since they moved to Jomtien

a few  smaller offices  around the larger Pattaya area might be a good idea too.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, drbrit said:

the rules will be for foreigners needing to go to this immigration? 

I'm sure they will let you pass the checkpoint to get to immigration..however as @sapson points out a moratorium  is the only sensible solution. 

• Like 2

Why are our respective Embassies not intervening on our behalf?

I'm not affected personally by this measure as I am on the 1 year extension to stay, not a tourist visa per se, but requiring foreign nationals to congregate en mass is very bad PR at the very least.

Not to mention the obvious threat to our health!

Failing to proceed with suspension of the 90 day reporting (same address for 15 years) means that I am just going to ignore this requirement..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zikomat said:

Cool. This is instead of long promised "automatic" extension. New place to contract Covid19. Good idea- you send your own children home and use the school facility to gather foreigners in masses. Really cool!

We appear to be being kept waiting on the details of that!

46 minutes ago, sapson said:

An easy fix that can be reviewed monthly as the situation unfolds.

Automatic 90 day extension for all on current permission to stay stamp..

No need to attend immigration for anything, no overstay fines, no 90 day reports or tm30, stops the risk for staff and victims clients.

I agree.

It's not like foreigners are working here illegally.  ????

Cool. This is instead of long promised "automatic" extension. New place to contract Covid19. Good idea- you send your own children home and use the school facility to gather foreigners in masses. Really cool!

RichardBarrow.jpg.5548cb2fe8e8037d1e6fa8

This is a scary photo. Reminds me of the concentration camp waiting for its first victims. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We appear to be being kept waiting on the details of that!

It is already 3+ weeks of waiting. Only promises and declarations. In reality it is even getting worse. That new office in Pattaya should show us their true intentions.

33 minutes ago, time2093 said:

They should have opened the old Immigration office on Pattaya beach Soi 8 as its easy enough to get to and the building is still there.

It was tiny  could only fit a couple of people in at a time !!!

• Like 1

I can't understand why Thailand can't follow other regional countries' examples during this time... Indonesia for example.

Indonesia’s Directorate General of Immigration recently announced a new policy of automatically extending stay permits for eligible foreigners who are unable to return to their home countries amid the global outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

It should be noted that the new policy, announced through the Directorate General’s social media pages last night, is only valid for foreigners who entered Indonesia after Feb. 5, 2020. 

Applicants who fulfill the criteria do not have to apply for the extension in person and will not be subject to any fines. In addition, the emergency stay permit is also free of charge. 

Source: Coconuts Bali

• Like 2

Well it's better than nothing, at least there will be some distancing now.

It's obvious this was a last minute thing, which means someone felt the heat for what happened yesterday. Today you cannot do the CV19 extension at Jomtien, which is relatively quiet compared to yesterday, and the school isn't ready yet (only opens tomorrow), which means this was not planned in advance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

With the immigration proceedings being such a lucrative business in Thailand, it’s surprising they don’t have a few more permanent offices scattered around Pattaya.

Or is this too obvious for the officials?

Normally, there are absolutely no need for more than one Immigration Office. It is just all these tourists now, about 500.000 overall in Thailand, that cause the problem. Normally we go in, and go home 10 minutes later. For Extension of stay, and 5 minutes for 90 Days Reporting. So why have more?

• Like 1

I was going to pay for for a visa service, but they tell me that you can not jump the que now, and you still have to get there at 6am and que. Does anyone know of company where you can jump the que or not even have to go.

Was it better today now new immigration office open? 

4 hours ago, sapson said:

For the 38th time of posting! and now the 39th .....because i am seething, what is he doing just sign the  extension papers.... never mind a new building.

Thats like building more ICUs to deal with drunk drivers......just fix the problem.

its so easy ............lordy lordy ,I give up!!!! steam coming out of my ears!

Social distancing is the rule worldwide and their own rule here in Thailand, so follow the lead of neighbouring Asian countries and put all this nonsense on hold.

Is Thai immigration policy truly more important than a worldwide pandemic................

An easy fix that can be reviewed monthly as the situation unfolds.

Automatic 90 day extension for all on current permission to stay stamp..

No need to attend immigration for anything, no overstay fines, no 90 day reports or tm30, stops the risk for staff and victims clients.

Just a common sense solution as everyone and their friendly soi dog has suggested for the last month or so.!

Should have considered going home, or someplace else, when the symptoms first appeared...

2 hours ago, Snuller21 said:

Normally, there are absolutely no need for more than one Immigration Office. It is just all these tourists now, about 500.000 overall in Thailand, that cause the problem. Normally we go in, and go home 10 minutes later. For Extension of stay, and 5 minutes for 90 Days Reporting. So why have more?

tourists who came on holiday despite the corona virus and fully aware of the potential implications, and the majority who had and have had, in all honesty, the opportunity to return home but haven't.

i have a friend on holiday in pattaya, he could have come home at any point by rescheduling his flight or buying another, he still could, but he's sitting in pattaya whinging and moaning...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Chonburi Immigration will open a new temporary office in Pattaya on Thursday.

Great another venue for the masses to gather and spread the virus further.

Instead of doing the obvious thing and automatically re-new or defer extensions.

• Thanks 1