Chonburi Immigration opens new temporary office in Pattaya

webfact

13 minutes ago, samsensam said:

i have a friend on holiday in pattaya, he could have come home at any point by rescheduling his flight or buying another, he still could, but he's sitting in pattaya whinging and moaning...

Me too ... I came home but it was expensive  . He kept telling me the irish government would send a rescue plane or piggyback onto a UK rescue operation... the Irish government did secure loads of seats home ... but ..and this was the bit I liked ... at a price ! Rescue and Punish at the same time €1600 one way to Dublin ...

Edited by terryofcrete
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Rather far South and out of town for tourists who I would expect to be located in central Pattaya. Getting there is an infection risk. Any reason other schools were not considered?

Good bet that School #7 is close to somebody's house, near enough to walk? 

Absolutely appalling conditions at immigration with waiting times of over seven hours resulting in “come back tomorrow”. Absolutely sick of their attitude as it just relates to money, money, money...........????????‍♂️????????

44452BA5-F548-4620-AE83-7130F07F8BAE.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badboldie said:

I was going to pay for for a visa service, but they tell me that you can not jump the que now, and you still have to get there at 6am and que. Does anyone know of company where you can jump the que or not even have to go.

Was it better today now new immigration office open? 

Yes visa agents told me you cannot avoid the queue as well. The new office is only for the CV19 extension with embassy letter. Except the new office wasn't open today (nobody can do CV19 extensions today), so nobody can say what it's going to be like. Jomtien is much improved, but you see most people (myself included) getting turned away at the gate, being told to go to the new office tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jacob29 said:

Yes visa agents told me you cannot avoid the queue as well. The new office is only for the CV19 extension with embassy letter. Except the new office wasn't open today (nobody can do CV19 extensions today), so nobody can say what it's going to be like. Jomtien is much improved, but you see most people (myself included) getting turned away at the gate, being told to go to the new office tomorrow.

I know official Songkran festivities are cancelled but if it's still classified as a public holiday then this new facility will be open for 2 days then closed all next week bar Friday. I would imagine with a 4 day Songkran office shutdown next Friday and the following Monday will still experience big queues at both locations as a result. Wonderful timing. 

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

I know official Songkran festivities are cancelled but if it's still classified as a public holiday then this new facility will be open for 2 days then closed all next week bar Friday. I would imagine with a 4 day Songkran office shutdown next Friday and the following Monday will still experience big queues at both locations as a result. Wonderful timing. 

Songkran has been postponed. There are no public holidays. 13 - 15 are normal days. IO will be open.

Edited by pontious
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, johng said:

School Number 8  opposite Wat Chai temple  South Pattaya road has a very large  (ex) grass field for parking or tents and a quite large  covered sports arena.

Yes, that was my first thought and impossible to get more central! Easily accessed from Jomtiem, North Pattaya, Buakhao area. There may be logistical reasons why not though?

13 hours ago, samsensam said:

tourists who came on holiday despite the corona virus and fully aware of the potential implications, and the majority who had and have had, in all honesty, the opportunity to return home but haven't.

i have a friend on holiday in pattaya, he could have come home at any point by rescheduling his flight or buying another, he still could, but he's sitting in pattaya whinging and moaning...

BS ,how many cancellations can your credit card handle?

19 hours ago, johng said:

I'm sure they will let you pass the checkpoint to get to immigration..however as @sapson points out a moratorium  is the only sensible solution. 

"sensible", now that's a word you don't often see or hear where Immigration in any country is concerned. 

If anyone ever needed evidence of how the Government of Thailand feels about us this Immigration fiasco rates right up there and is their final word

They either want our money or to see us dead and it seems that they are only making options that insure that it will be the death option that will be the one we take

Thais have to put up with this incompetency in all aspects of their lives, I don't and paradise is no longer paradise but has turned into a horror show 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Cool. This is instead of long promised "automatic" extension. New place to contract Covid19. Good idea- you send your own children home and use the school facility to gather foreigners in masses. Really cool!

RichardBarrow.jpg.5548cb2fe8e8037d1e6fa8

This is a scary photo. Reminds me of the concentration camp waiting for its first victims. 

The school has been shut since March and not due to reopen until mid May due to summer holidays

20 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

With the immigration proceedings being such a lucrative business in Thailand, it’s surprising they don’t have a few more permanent offices scattered around Pattaya.

Or is this too obvious for the officials?

there are plenty of unused/sold condo blocks around why do they NOT take over these properties, whilst the virus problems exist.....??

The staff at Pattaya Immigration in Jomtien have a difficult job and perform admirably given the work load, overcrowded conditions, and risk to their own health.

Which demonstrates that like most civil projects around the world, the Immigration Facilities (building-lands) were too small almost from the moment it was opened. Authorities never seem to plan for future growth, customer use, contingencies like corona disruptions.

The satellite office is a very nice surprise, and excellent plan, kudos to the authorities who made it and the automatic extensions happen.

7 hours ago, essox essox said:

there are plenty of unused/sold condo blocks around why do they NOT take over these properties, whilst the virus problems exist.....??

I was thinking in one of the closed shopping malls. Put the AC back on!