Here's a crazy idea....

Trujillo

Governments in lockstep with private corporations choose the trickle down effect. Give all the money to their crony capitalistic friends first... with the idea that they will invest that money in their large corporations so the peasants can all have jobs. Oh money being given directly to the people is coming, think universal basic income, but that will come with all the fun strings attached. Money for infrastructure, money to clean the parks and create the roads... they've already got a system for that... it's called taxation. Nice little slavery system of take your earned income, make a few roads and parks, but then create a bunch of laws and enforcers to further enslave you... there not interested in giving you a job to free you from your plight. And before you hammer me with your opinion about my opinion here, I will be the first to admit, I don't have an easy solution to the ever increasing tyranny happening on this planet. Oh.. there's a solution, but know one is willing to do the work to get there. Such is the state of the current human condition. No worries... proposals abound, A.I., smart cities, 5G, a one world global government, digital money... yeah... it's going to get real fun... go read Orwell's 1984 nightmare, because that time has arrived. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Governments in lockstep with private corporations choose the trickle down effect. Give all the money to their crony capitalistic friends first... with the idea that they will invest that money in their large corporations so the peasants can all have jobs. Oh money being given directly to the people is coming, think universal basic income, but that will come with all the fun strings attached. Money for infrastructure, money to clean the parks and create the roads... they've already got a system for that... it's called taxation. Nice little slavery system of take your earned income, make a few roads and parks, but then create a bunch of laws and enforcers to further enslave you... there not interested in giving you a job to free you from your plight. And before you hammer me with your opinion about my opinion here, I will be the first to admit, I don't have an easy solution to the ever increasing tyranny happening on this planet. Oh.. there's a solution, but know one is willing to do the work to get there. Such is the state of the current human condition. No worries... proposals abound, A.I., smart cities, 5G, a one world global government, digital money... yeah... it's going to get real fun... go read Orwell's 1984 nightmare, because that time has arrived. 

Do you see a connection between all this and your apparent inability to compose an on-topic reply ?

~o37;

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I don't see a connection... go ahead and explain to me the connection. 

Simply because your answer is a nameless mess;
when you write a long answer you air the text;
You make small paragraphs;

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I don't see a connection... go ahead and explain to me the connection. 

I respect that you may be 100% off-topic, given that so many posters here, in spite of themselves, stumble into partial relevance.

~o:37;

Social distancing does not really work. Governments simply needed something they could suggest so that citizens would feel they had some control over the situation. Exactly the same as the ridiculous airport security theatre introduced after 9/11.

Trying to mostly stay a set distance from other people will probably help a bit, but you can still catch it by merely walking through the vapor left hanging in the air by an infected up to 30 minutes before. That is why masks are more important than we initially thought in the West.

What you really have to do, if you want to put a meaningful dent in the growth of infections, is keep people at home and isolated from anyone outside their own household. Each exception you make, however well-intended, weakens the resolve of others to self-police.

Whether the cure might be worse that the illness is another question entirely. I'm pretty sure that most countries are handling this the wrong way.

Edited by donnacha

Know your place...

Where are you... now?

Where are we... now?

In a top down, compartmentalized, hierarchial society, it can be good to know your place. Where are you right now? In the now, where are you? It is oft said, solutions can be found if we just think outside the box. Maybe our Dis... ease can be found outside the box? Hmm...? Are we ensconced, stuck, trapped, enslaved in a box? What archetypical symbol would you think better represents a slave society? What structure has historically represented the slave hierarchy? Are we all enslaved? Do you think, do you believe you are free? Ask your (S)elf, where are you right now? Do you know your true place?

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -- T. S. Eliot