PM Prayuth signs order to grant visa amnesty to foreigners in Thailand

5 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

My extension was set to expire on the 15th of april. This means I'm in amnesty mode right? 🙂 Wow!

You will be in the 16th April! 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why pussyfoot about? There are many stuck here who do not fall into the after March 26th bracket, who will still have to solve their situation, leading to more queues at immigration. A step in the rig

Title text: "grant visa amnesty to foreigners" Article text: "special permission for some classes of aliens to stay in the Kingdom."   Not quite the same is it. 

I love the title. I guess we were all visa criminals then.   This one is nice too: 'some classes of aliens'. Classy, even. Good thing I'm a Hi-So alien.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, LastStraw said:

That's what i thought too. So on March 26th you had to see two weeks into the future to know they would announce it retroactively? The 1000s of people who showed up to extend between March 26th and now, or whenever it actually becomes official, didn't need to?

For example, if this announcement was the same but said april 26th, people planning to go within the next few weeks would not have to bother. Mentioning March 26th now makes no sense to me, like other people have said, if your visa expired March 26th, you're gone or have extended it already

The are probably a lot of people, proper tourist who have been stranded and generally forgot about visas or did not know they had to be extended. 

4 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Ok look lucky timing for me. I was due tomorrow.

I have been a little bit confused actually by Richard Barrow, he is talking a lot about people having already a first extension, or he his talking about the long term visa extension (1 year)...

Anyway, i feel lucky today.

My thought though for all those who have suffered from this madness.

Yes same here, I got my tm30 from hotel and photo and all set for a early rise at 6am.

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

It’s now official! The order signed by the prime minister to give automatic extension of stay to foreigners has just been published in the Royal Gazette. Effective immediately http://ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/E/081/T_0009.PDF #COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand [ THREAD]

Great news, I,m going to have another beer! 

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So, they're going to suspend the 90 day report.

I can understand that this will be of great benefit to many people.

But, after 5 years of struggling, I managed, for the first time to get the on line reporting to work for me just a few weeks ago! I feel deprived now!

I mailed mine just yesterday. Wondering if I can claim back my 74 baht EMS fees and 6 baht on photocopies... 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, worldfun said:

have you ever heard of independent thai travelers (with money)? have a real job not that many hubs to jump really 🙂 

Travelling to Thailand means jumping over hubs constantly. More hubs than holes in Blackburn Lancashire. 

2 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

That's because Thais frequently work illegally in other countries. Look at the hundreds of thousands of Thais working illegally in South Korea as an example.

It's a false equivalence and a nonsensical argument.

He trolling you! Ignore him. 

I arrived in Thailand on the 20th of March on Visa exempt.

I did not used my first legal extension.

Do I need to go to Immigration on 18th of April or is this new order giving me immigration-free-time until 30th of April, too?

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Perhaps you (and a few others here) need to look up the main definition of "alien", it's nothing to do with draconian xenophobia.

I did, and reposted. Take a look.

3 hours ago, Covid19Everywhere said:

I arrived in Thailand on the 20th of March on Visa exempt.

I did not used my first legal extension.

Do I need to go to Immigration on 18th of April or is this new order giving me immigration-free-time until 30th of April, too?

I believe you do not have to go, wait for someone else to chime in on this.

I would of thought you are ok until the 30th.

Anyone else like to answer this question?

7 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I see nothing about 90 day reporting, or have I missed it.....

"90 day reporting will also be suspended."

5th line of the original post.

• Thanks 1