PM Prayuth signs order to grant visa amnesty to foreigners in Thailand

On 4/8/2020 at 4:50 PM, greggraham said:

Title text: "grant visa amnesty to foreigners"

Article text: "special permission for some classes of aliens to stay in the Kingdom."

Not quite the same is it. 

Same Same But Not The Same 🤔🤗🥺

• Haha 1
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why pussyfoot about? There are many stuck here who do not fall into the after March 26th bracket, who will still have to solve their situation, leading to more queues at immigration. A step in the rig

Title text: "grant visa amnesty to foreigners" Article text: "special permission for some classes of aliens to stay in the Kingdom."   Not quite the same is it. 

I love the title. I guess we were all visa criminals then.   This one is nice too: 'some classes of aliens'. Classy, even. Good thing I'm a Hi-So alien.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, DreamRider said:

90 Day Report:

Mine is due 26th April, but with the 7 day grace period, that takes me into May.

Unless the amnesty is extended then I am obliged to report??????????????

I think you should just do it online coming Monday (13 April). I just did mine today online and I get the approval within 90 minutes...

Edited by sa2014
Typo
46 minutes ago, sa2014 said:

I think you should just do it online coming Monday (13 April). I just did mine today online and I get the approval within 90 minutes...

Thanks sa. I'll give it a shot. I live just outside my city and so incorporated the reporting with a shopping trip having not had much luck with the on-line procedure before.

***IMPORTANT READ THIS***

BE CAREFUL.  Anecdotal evidence suggests that this only covers people who entered and were stamped with permitted to stay by date after 26-Mar.  Anyone who got here earlier this year, and had extended their stay IS NOT COVERED. If you fail to come in you might get a NASTY SURPRISE that you will need to pay 500baht per day past your extension date PLUS 1900baht for a new extension. Beware. They have sneakily done a #BaitAndSwitch on people !!!

• Confused 1
On 4/8/2020 at 4:58 PM, Badboldie said:

So is it still in the pipe line until it is publish in the gazette

and WHEN will WE know that it has/is in THE GAZETTE     ??? 

• Confused 1
On 4/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, xtof2 said:

Did I get it wrong?

And before March 26th ????

The insanity goes on ????

The bois at immigration still need to make some cash from this pandemic.... 

9 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

The bois at immigration still need to make some cash from this pandemic.... 

They will in spades.  Wait until May 1st.  A mass rush of foreigners descends on Immigration nation-wide and every visa holder who 'got it wrong' gets fined or worse.  Think the pre-announcement lines at Immigration were bad?  We ain't seen nothing yet kids.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:15 PM, Terry2905 said:

Yes! The virus will be gone in 21 days time, bars will be open, every country in the world will open it's borders, thousands of flights will be available, millions of Chinese flooding back into Thailand, life back to normal!

😂

Get in line at the shrimp buffet NOW!