PM Prayuth signs order to grant visa amnesty to foreigners in Thailand

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why pussyfoot about? There are many stuck here who do not fall into the after March 26th bracket, who will still have to solve their situation, leading to more queues at immigration. A step in the rig

Title text: "grant visa amnesty to foreigners" Article text: "special permission for some classes of aliens to stay in the Kingdom."   Not quite the same is it. 

I love the title. I guess we were all visa criminals then.   This one is nice too: 'some classes of aliens'. Classy, even. Good thing I'm a Hi-So alien.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You'll find the USA calls all non-Americans aliens too. Always amuses me, I'm from another planet.

That was taken out of written texts and laws to now call people from a foreign country an Undocumented Immigrant, in the USA.  Now with the new USA Space Force, who knows what those they find, wink wink nudge nudge, in outer space will be called.  I would think Alien, but then that just reminds of Sigourney Weaver......

I was hoping that in a modern day announcement the word “aliens” may have been dropped. Then I remembered which draconian, backward, xenophobic country I was living in. Sigh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Dirty farangs????

The Health Minister tweeted this a few weeks ago "“Many farang dress dirty and don’t shower. "

He actually claimed that Chaing Mai was better when there were more Chinese tourists there. That was back in mid March. The tweets were deleted and the account closed and now the Minister denies ever making them in the first place. (It must have been someone else !) 
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-health-minister-has-a-slash-at-dirty-farang

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You'll find the USA calls all non-Americans aliens too. Always amuses me, I'm from another planet.

The USA also refers to anyone not from there as a "Third Country National". That is how they referred to Canadians and Brits (and others) working for them in places like Afghanistan. 

1 hour ago, sapson said:

whats a hard core boomer, im guessing a total conformist of sorts.

An arranged just one day of farang absence hurts nobody,doesnt break any laws immigraton or otherwise but does send a message.

Current immigration scenario actually breaks their own COVID 19 emergency social distancing laws.

you are looking for commen sense, which DOES NOT EXIST

immigration will think : PROBLEM SOLVED

the idea is GREAT.... maybe that famous blogger Richard Barrow can start the campaign or make it public

24 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Thousands of Thais are willing to work illegally in for example Europe because they can earn way more money than in Thailand.

The number of Europeans who want to work illegally in Thailand is quite low.

So no smart Beemers in Europe to round up illegals? Seems like Thailand immigration is more competent then. 

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

Not to be sarcastic, but guess some of the Elite visa haters, maybe now can see the benefit of that visa. 

What is the elite visa? 

• Haha 2

Sorry people but this date is beyond the common sense, the reason is to order the lock down until the end of April is to avoid the spread of the virus, and this amnesty will be on after the supposed end of the lock down, should not be this most importantly right from now during the lock down period??

• Like 2