PM Prayuth signs order to grant visa amnesty to foreigners in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, LastStraw said:

That's what i thought too. So on March 26th you had to see two weeks into the future to know they would announce it retroactively? The 1000s of people who showed up to extend between March 26th and now, or whenever it actually becomes official, didn't need to?

For example, if this announcement was the same but said april 26th, people planning to go within the next few weeks would not have to bother. Mentioning March 26th now makes no sense to me, like other people have said, if your visa expired March 26th, you're gone or have extended it already

The are probably a lot of people, proper tourist who have been stranded and generally forgot about visas or did not know they had to be extended. 

4 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Ok look lucky timing for me. I was due tomorrow.

I have been a little bit confused actually by Richard Barrow, he is talking a lot about people having already a first extension, or he his talking about the long term visa extension (1 year)...

Anyway, i feel lucky today.

My thought though for all those who have suffered from this madness.

Yes same here, I got my tm30 from hotel and photo and all set for a early rise at 6am.

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

It’s now official! The order signed by the prime minister to give automatic extension of stay to foreigners has just been published in the Royal Gazette. Effective immediately http://ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/E/081/T_0009.PDF #COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand [ THREAD]

Great news, I,m going to have another beer! 

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So, they're going to suspend the 90 day report.

I can understand that this will be of great benefit to many people.

But, after 5 years of struggling, I managed, for the first time to get the on line reporting to work for me just a few weeks ago! I feel deprived now!

I mailed mine just yesterday. Wondering if I can claim back my 74 baht EMS fees and 6 baht on photocopies... 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, worldfun said:

have you ever heard of independent thai travelers (with money)? have a real job not that many hubs to jump really ???? 

Travelling to Thailand means jumping over hubs constantly. More hubs than holes in Blackburn Lancashire. 

2 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

That's because Thais frequently work illegally in other countries. Look at the hundreds of thousands of Thais working illegally in South Korea as an example.

It's a false equivalence and a nonsensical argument.

He trolling you! Ignore him. 

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Perhaps you (and a few others here) need to look up the main definition of "alien", it's nothing to do with draconian xenophobia.

I did, and reposted. Take a look.

3 hours ago, Covid19Everywhere said:

I arrived in Thailand on the 20th of March on Visa exempt.

I did not used my first legal extension.

Do I need to go to Immigration on 18th of April or is this new order giving me immigration-free-time until 30th of April, too?

I believe you do not have to go, wait for someone else to chime in on this.

I would of thought you are ok until the 30th.

Anyone else like to answer this question?

7 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I see nothing about 90 day reporting, or have I missed it.....

"90 day reporting will also be suspended."

5th line of the original post.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

No, just do like all the other countries and declare everyone automatically extended (in UK, you email for it - most not even that), like the rest of the countries who don't want to Force people into Large Crowds for visa-matters did ... Last Month.

"How things are done in Thailand" vis-a-vis Immigration - glad you got to the point.

It´s easy. If one does not like the help of Thailand regarding ones visa, then one should have thought about that before staying to long or starting to travel during a virus outbreak. All the varning signs was there for a long time. Problem solved. Nothing more to discuss.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, anterian said:

Every day a few people go to immigration for their 90 day report, but if this is now deferred until the 30th April, or further, it means they will all turn up at the same time, so big crowd. 

What I suspect MIGHT (and, I stress, MIGHT, this being Thailand) happen is that the number of days before what would have been the next due date as at 26th March will, instead, be re-calculated from 30th April (or from whenever the 90-day reporting requirement is eventually re-introduced). That should, hopefully, prevent any mass invasion of immigration offices on the eventual day of reckoning. However, the $64,000 question is whether the online system would work (even for those who have mastered its use) in the immediate aftermath of 90-day reporting being re-introduced. And those using the snail mail method would definitely IMHO be strongly advised to include copies of relevant suspension orders along with all the other usual stuff (completed TM47, passport copies, previous notification slip, etc). 

I had thought that maybe a brain cell had wokevup in the government, but no.

Oh wow they plan on a big 30 day extension, hoping the pandemic will be over

that quick.  Good luck!  I am so glad that I escaped from Thailand in time.

Geezer

43 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

"90 day reporting will also be suspended."

5th line of the original post.

I read the order in Thai. I find no mention of 90-day reports. Assuming it's true, it must be in a separate order, not shown here. 

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

the question marks are around Non-O, Non-B etc... 

This is very much aimed at tourists not residents or expats with one exception - those trying to get back before their 12 month permission of stay expires and cannot due to travel restrictions will be allowed to renew even if expired

• Like 1

So suspension of 90 day reporting, I was/am due to go in another week. Maybe this suspension will continue after the covid-19 emergency, who knows, it wasn't always applied, when I first came here almost 15 years ago nobody did a 90 day report and then they started getting all precious about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teatree said:

So, official policy is for hundreds of thousands of people's visas to all expire on the same day?

with automatic renewal if extended beyond 30th April and if not extended then those trapped here because of travel restrictions will be expected to go home

I would fully expect the auto extension to continue to the 30th May and possibly beyond then people will also need time to arrange flights home etc - all those stranded here are not going to be able to fly on the same day or even the same week

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

with automatic renewal if extended beyond 30th April and if not extended then those trapped here because of travel restrictions will be expected to go home

I would fully expect the auto extension to continue to the 30th May and possibly beyond then people will also need time to arrange flights home etc - all those stranded here are not going to be able to fly on the same day or even the same week

Yep, no way is this going to end by the 30th of april.