English language version of permission form needed to enter/exit Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

English language version of permission form needed to enter/exit Pattaya

This is the English language version of the permission form needed for foreign workers to enter Pattaya during the closure which is due to begin on Thursday 9 April.

The closure, which will be in place for 21 days, will stop those who are not residents or working in the city from entering Pattaya.

PDF download available here: https://bit.ly/2UUgZYi

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 16.56.44.png

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-08

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi,

Thanks for this but:

Would surely be useful if the file could work properly. Downoad is OK but impossible (at least for me and my equipment) to open it as a PDF file.

Can you please double check

Thanls a lot for helping

Edited by decca60

1 hour ago, decca60 said:

Hi,

Thanks for this but:

Would surely be useful if the file could work properly. Downoad is OK but impossible (at least for me and my equipment) to open it as a PDF file.

Thanls a lot for helping

PDF converter  https://smallpdf.com/jpg-to-pdf     this program works well just drag and convert 

So you need to present this form and other copies each time you enter / leave.

Also the WP requirement for foreigners infers that only those legally working in Pattaya will be allowed to cross.

So shopping trips to Makro / Tesco etc will be impossible ?

Tops on Kao Noi will be busy

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

So you need to present this form and other copies each time you enter / leave

Yes better make quite a few copies..and invest in some paper making company stocks/shares. ????

2 hours ago, decca60 said:

Hi,

Thanks for this but:

Thanls a lot for helping

If using a smartphone just download any pdf-file app from Play Store. I'm using Adobe Acrobat. If using a PC download Adobe Reader DC. Just Google it. 

Has anyone read and tried to fill out this form?? Makes no sense. Possibly translated wrong, but seems like you need to be with a Thai. See first section of form below: Appears wife needs to fill her name and Identification Number and then certify my information. Typical screwed up Thai form. If you are single or driving alone you may be screwed. Doubt many on the "roadblocks" will speak or understand English. Any thoughts? I will do it both ways as best I can to make sense.

I ...................................................................................................................................................Age ..................... Years Old. Identification Card Number ............................................................................ is related to .............................................. Telephone number ......................................................, certify Mr / Mrs / Miss ............................................................... Age ............ Years Old. Identification Card Number / Passport No. .......................................................... Nationality........................................ Telephone Number ............................................ Address ................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................................................................... has the following information:

32 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If using a smartphone just download any pdf-file app from Play Store. I'm using Adobe Acrobat. If using a PC download Adobe Reader DC. Just Google it. 

Simply use the link from the thread provided in post #8 and download the pdf.

Why the fuzz with converters, tools, play store???

On reviewing the form it makes little, or no sense. Is this only required for foreigners working in Pattaya?

We live on the "Darkside" and my Thai wife says she only has to show her Thai ID. Can I just show my Thai "pink" ID card which shows my address??

Think I will wait a few days and let them work out the bugs at the checkpoints. Members that do go through the checkpoint, please post on what they want.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2020 at 1:50 PM, dabhand said:

Notice on that link, the article is dated 8 April and the stated intent of the "lockdown" was:

"This is to help stop the spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus and to ensure that no more tourists, both domestic and foreign, arrive in the city potentially with the virus. "

"This is not a lock-down, according to Pattaya City Police, it is a further scrutiny of the area with the MAIN intention being to stop non residents and tourists, both foreign and domestic, from entering the city. "

Funny how that changed a couple days later when the first attempted lock down failed.