Theft during COVID-19 pandemic

thaismog

Are You prepared for thai thieves?

Friend left at 0430hrs and returned from hospital at 0930hrs.

His big cooking gas tank and regulator was gone. Yes, he reported the theft and all he got was loud laughter. His new WiFi cameras will arrive this week. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Is this just a topic for Thai bashing?  Boring!  

People all over the world are struggling to survive right now.  Consider yourself lucky if you have sufficient assets to get through uncertain time.

Imagine if you did not!  Now you know what to do to protect your family and material possessions...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

unless it gets stolen enroute.

Thailand is on the brink of anarchy IMO. Just keep all your valuable <deleted> indoors.

And stay vigilant.

I dont think the cops will do anything even if you provide them a video clip...they

are too distracted by the virus....plus they'll be in a bad mood...all their pocket money

is now throttled.

I saw the BIB out this morning on the 3240 route into Pattaya.

They were probably trying to get some Tea Money before the pot runs dry.

And as for a WI-FI security Camera ! why are you wasting money on that, as the Police wont even look at your recordings. All it will tell you is that some lowlife nicked something that belonged to you, but you will know that anyway. 

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I suppose if you are living in Thailand and know someone who was robbed in Thailand, and you’re posting on a Thai expat website, you are hardly likely to be warning people about UK burglars? 

But are you seriously suggesting that we should be in complete denial of the existence of burglars in the UK just because we are posting on a Thai expat website? Or is this the reason why we should IYHO only be placing the spotlight on burglars in Thailand as part of some Grand Thailand Demonisation Project?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jadee said:

The moral of this thread is: buy home insurance. If Thaismog's friend who had the gas bottle and regulator stolen had insurance, he could have made a claim. Better than getting laughed at! 

That would cost more than the gas things...

Buy a new one and chain it up....????

13 hours ago, fishtank said:

Only to be expected.

Thais have been put out of work or forced to close down their businesses with no help from their pathetic government.

What are they supposed to do?

I think the point is....we need to be wary, especialy if out at night time.

Unfortunately some people will be desperate.

Its hugely safer here than phillipines,india etc etc.

I have a high level condo,so at least most of my belongings are 99% safe,if i go out.

I always wear a belt bag when i go out. Plus im quite big,so only an idiot would take me on.

37 minutes ago, murraynz said:

I always wear a belt bag when i go out. Plus im quite big,so only an idiot would take me on.

How do you think you'll fare against 5 or 6 idiots? Sorry, I forgot about social distancing.

Isn't a belt bag telling people you have something of value?

Edited by Lacessit

15 hours ago, fishtank said:

Only to be expected.

Thais have been put out of work or forced to close down their businesses with no help from their pathetic government.

What are they supposed to do?

There is never any excuse for stealing from your own kind, or doing anything which is detrimental to them, "by your own kind" I mean ordinary working class people.

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

I think the point is....we need to be wary, especialy if out at night time.

Unfortunately some people will be desperate.

Its hugely safer here than phillipines,india etc etc.

I have a high level condo,so at least most of my belongings are 99% safe,if i go out.

What about a few idiots? This is Thailand.