BANGKOK
spetersen

Shopping experience at Big C Extra Pattaya Klang

Was there also, didn’t see you!  😁 Your right tho, never buy unwrapped meat and the bread there are wrapped options. Must say it was packed with customers and there seemed a sense of urgency amongst shoppers. Hard to distance effectively plenty of rude folk pushing and shoving. An old ferang in a wheelchair let fly at a Russian women for bumping him. A bit unnervingI must say, even my gf said let’s go too much people. Food court closed and only t,away elsewhere.Banks open and not too busy ,gold shops closed till further notice . I sense they need to announce the position for the next week or so pretty soon .

Op, are you saying you don't want that Corona chicken? for a week i avoided the loose raw chicken and pork, then i gave up and bought some, i'm careful when i cook it so it's corona free. I still avoid the pastries

28 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I understand your concern. The appearance does not look safe.

There are packaged breads there to buy.

Also, from what I have read the virus cannot be transmitted via food.

And, cooking the meats it seems would kill it off.

https://www.consumerreports.org/food-safety/coronavirus-common-questions-about-the-food-you-eat-food-safety/

You might be right and I hope so, as far as I understand no really knows how you can catch the virus. A lot of research are in progress , but for now , better be safe than sorry...

I'm baking my own bread, with the exception of packaged toast. Would not touch anything on an open display case.

• Like 1

Cooking meat would make virus inactive. The virus can settle on bread from droplets. Probably best to toast it! A general risk with shopping is touching stuff and then touching your face also bringing virus back home stuck to cans, packaging etc. 

If you are concerned about bakery heat it up in an oven or microwave.

I hesitate to give an exact instruction but 5 min at 200 C or 3 min at 600 W should kill all germs.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you are concerned about bakery heat it up in an oven or microwave.

I hesitate to give an exact instruction but 5 min at 200 C or 3 min at 600 W should kill all germs.

Not really a culinary experience in the microwave, gets all soft and soggy. I suppose reheating in an oven to something like 80 DegC surface temp would do it and keep the bread still crispy.

Edited by DrTuner

Posted (edited)

Don't be fooled by the temperature scanner - it is only there for show !

When the alarm buzzer activates to warn the monitor operator and the person applying the stickers that a customer's temperature is too high, they both ignore it, apply sticker and allow the customer to enter.

This happened when I went last week to somebody in front of me in the queue when the scanner was at the front of the store and again this week when it is at the rear of the store.

This is Thailand and the answer is always, "Up to you, or up to me, or up to him, or up to her, or up to them".

Edited by hidbehindthesofa
clarification
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1