Phuket Songkran allowed, but stay in your subdistrict, says Governor

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

ChiangMai governor always follows the Phuket guy so Songkran coming to ChiangMai.

Now I know why all the water guns were on the shelves in 711's.

No waterplay allowed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I guess that the man feels he has shut everyone from coming in or going out, and then closed each of the sub-districts from being crossed, and thus has each district locked down as well.  So in his mind its all under control, each sub-district can infect only those in that district, one giant orgy will work....what an actual nutcase, who gives these people these top positions.

Mr. Baht I believe.

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i hope everyone understand what this means for all of thailand and the period of time we are going to have remained locked down.

It won't be that long. It's only until everyone gets it and it looks like they are helping that along.

I would suggest it's inevitable that even minor 'out in the street' Songkran activities however muted, will increase the infection rate wherever it occurs. And that's bad news. The governor should be removed from his post forthwith, by order of the PM. 

If people want to prevent the increasing infection rate, self isolation, lockdown and social distancing is needed - and then, the  quicker the coronavirus will pass, and we can all resume our lives.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:
2 hours ago, Thailand said:

ChiangMai governor always follows the Phuket guy so Songkran coming to ChiangMai.

Now I know why all the water guns were on the shelves in 711's.

No waterplay allowed.

this is why the sudden surge in interest to promote slingshots? ???? ⚠️

46 minutes ago, petedk said:

Where is the PM in this?

I thought they issued a statement saying that Songkran is cancelled. Can these governors just override his orders?

Please please please read.

Songkran is cancelled, so no travelling or waterplay. But the children are allowed to show respect for the elders and wash their feet.

• Like 1

I always self-isolate on Songkran anyway so no biggy. ????

It does seem extremely irresponsible as we know things will go horribly wrong. Hopefully a few more Frerabs will end up in nick.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

...people will be allowed to celebrate Songkran on the streets, but not travel to other parts of the island, the Phuket Governor has announced.

Mandatory face masks and 2 meters social distancing...????

Edit: Okay, there are rules in this article...

Edited by khunPer

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Why? 

Because you really believe they will actually pay attention since the Governor said they can have Songkran.....it doed not matter what the ground rules are, they hear what they want and don't read past the first few words.  You have to be able to have Sanook, even if Songkran was not originally as it is now.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Just mind boggling but not surprising. drunk crowds gathering en masse on the same street.  Bangla Road will be packed.  No way Thailand was going to stop Songkran, live or die

12 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

What drugs is this guy on???????????

10 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

they will hit you with a 20000 bt fine for no mask but allow Songkran festivities... yeah that makes sense????

You should really read the OP in full before commenting.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

You should not assume that we did not read the OP before commenting

Weren't you the one mentioning drunken crowds gathering en masse on the same street? And a packed Bangla road?

Edited by stevenl