7-Elevens battle virus with temperature guns

snoop1130

7-Elevens battle virus with temperature guns

By The Nation

800_288997f37586a6e.jpg

The nationwide chain of 7-Eleven stores has launched in-store temperature testing, mask-wearing and a limit on customers in stores at any one time, as part of measures to contain the spread of Covid-19.

The move is aimed at boosting safety and confidence among employees and customers, said Suwit Kingkaew, senior vice president of sustainable development at CP All Pcl, operator of 7-Elevens in Thailand.

“Therefore, we would like to ask customers to wear face masks before entering the store and proceed under the social distancing guidelines,” he added.

“Meanwhile, we will measure customers’ body temperature before they use our service, while providing handwash gel for customers and employees at the front of the store and at the cashier counter.”

He said the company will also limit the footfall to no more than 10 customers at a time for small stores, no more than 15 for medium-size stores, and no more than 20 in large stores.

“In addition, the company will mark lines on the floor to enable customers to stay more than one metre apart while queuing outside stores and at cashier counters. Moreover, all stores will undergo regular cleaning operations,” he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385624

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-08
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Which are only very slightly useful at best.  Better to practice distancing and have customers not touch and replace products.  My wife and I had Covid confirmed and neither of us had a fever for more than half a day.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Which are only very slightly useful at best.  Better to practice distancing and have customers not touch and replace products.  My wife and I had Covid confirmed and neither of us had a fever for more than half a day.  

Was it private hospital u got tested 

1 hour ago, Jimbo2014 said:

I agree it's pointless.  I haven't heard of a single case of temperature taking detecting anyone with COVID, although I suppose it's possible that some just slunk away after being told they were too hot.  They claimed that the temperature of the guy who died of COVID on the train was below normal.  So it also depends on the accuracy of the cheapo thremometers from China.

Anyway there are forcing the temperature takers to get too close to people who might be infected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CraigInBangkok said:

mine was 34 degrees ... apparently I have hypothermia and on deaths doors 

Happens every other day to my girlfriend when they take her temperature while she's sitting in the car. I call her my little zombie now. 

More seriously (or not) even if you have fever, inside a car with 21c aircon the IR thermometer will show no fever ????

9 minutes ago, Galomir said:

Happens every other day to my girlfriend when they take her temperature while she's sitting in the car. I call her my little zombie now. 

More seriously (or not) even if you have fever, inside a car with 21c aircon the IR thermometer will show no fever ????

I had 33 degrees yesterday and that was after walking in the sun

4 hours ago, alien365 said:

Not another one. I'm fed up of being looked at like a leper because my body temperature around mid day is 37.2 C. 

I had the same entering Big C the other day, 37.2 degrees, the small lady looked up and appeared shocked but put a yellow sticker on my arm and let me in the store. Just to verify, I went out the store and entered again, she took my temp and it was 33 degrees.

There is much to be said about the accuracy of those devices they are using.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

quote:-

"launched in-store temperature testing, mask-wearing"

Here in Cambodia it is face mask with "outside store" testing before being allowed inside!! This also applies to supermarkets, banks and some offices. High (fever indicative) temperatures are 38C or above (ref. CDC USA). So far during my first 2 months here, my temperatures have all been below 38 (for example 37.3, 36.6, 36.3 and 35) and I have always been given the all-clear and allowed to enter. 

5 hours ago, Gilltom said:

Was it private hospital u got tested 

Drive through paid testing - very difficult to be confirmed through government hospitals.  We were told to just stay home and rest as we had mild cases.  Our friend brought it from UK and everyone at our house got it.  Very contagious.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/terrifying-video-shows-how-single-21838515

Researchers from Aalto University have revealed that a single cough can spread coronavirus across an entire supermarket.

In the study, the researchers looked at how extremely small respiratory particles are transported in the air after coughing, sneezing, and even talking.

The team modelled a scenario where a person coughs in a supermarket aisle, and amazingly, found that the particles spread around the supermarket rapidly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/terrifying-video-shows-how-single-21838515

Researchers from Aalto University have revealed that a single cough can spread coronavirus across an entire supermarket.

In the study, the researchers looked at how extremely small respiratory particles are transported in the air after coughing, sneezing, and even talking.

The team modelled a scenario where a person coughs in a supermarket aisle, and amazingly, found that the particles spread around the supermarket rapidly.

Which is why all should wear a mask, at least to protect others.

Edited by JimmyJ

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Tom (truck driver), Dick (plumber), and Harry (brick layer) who have recently turned virologists and epidemiologists after posting their opinions in this forum are mumbling "stupid" stupid" when 7/11 staff stopped them from entering witout masks. When I reminded how people like them have davasted Europe and America, they got very upset and told me to get lost. 

Edited by Mulambana