Finally got my COVID-19 extension

Glad you pulled it off man, I followed your previous thread.

Not sure should I congratulate or feel pity, because just tonight government officially declared automatic extension for most visitors... Now question is, do you still need to go there on 29th?

It's absolute disgrace what they did to stranded visitors in past few weeks... When all other countries (including mine) simply and promptly declared automatic visa extension, here they delayed it for weeks, forcing dozens of thousands of visitors into crowded offices, knowingly exposing them to risk.

(I see Matzzon is laughing at your post... classy and compassionate, as always)

Cheers,

Alex

9 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

If this automatic extension is rolled over until may, i dont think you would need to go as you have extended already. Wait until the next announcement to see if its going to be extended again until may.

Tricky thing is that stamp is not actual extension, it's 'under consideration' and 'must contact in person on 29th'... Anyway I'm sure OP will follow reports from others who will deal with it earlier (Zikomat is 'under consideration' on 23rd and he said he will contact them in advance).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Tricky thing is that stamp is not actual extension, it's 'under consideration' and 'must contact in person on 29th'... Anyway I'm sure OP will follow reports from others who will deal with it earlier (Zikomat is 'under consideration' on 23rd and he said he will contact them in advance).

Yes, very true. Under consideration will pobably need a return to immigration.

14 hours ago, sallecc said:

I don't think a trip to immigration will be needed. The intent of the order was to keep people from needing to go to immigration.

I suspect if somebody goes to immigration they will send you away tell you it is not needed.

I also suspect the approvals of the applications are no longer being processed now.

13 hours ago, jimmjam said:

Yes, very true. Under consideration will pobably need a return to immigration.

I doubt that very much. Hopefully for guys in your situation and fella you quoted, will see another announcement to extend this through May.